Xbox Voice Chat Not Working

Hi all, I wanted to make a new forum post to hopefully get a blue response because in the other forum it has been since July since Blizzard has officially given word on this issue. The original post is here, I recommend you respond on there to keep up high traffic on the post. I find it funny that Blizzard claims that this is not a widespread issue or something that Vivox is having to sort out when in reality regardless of that, it’s unacceptable to go this many months without a blue post on any updates regarding the issue. OP: Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch - #234 by Drakuloth

In my specific case I have used an Xbox One with a default Xbox One headset with the old adaptor on the bottom of the controller. I have used 3 different controllers, including 2 newer ones with the direct 3.5mm jack option. I have used an Xbox One X with an Astro A40 TR Mixamp and Headset, and have also used a Turtle Beach XO One. I have used two different internet providers as well as wireless and wired connections tested on both.

Voice chat works for parties just fine, match chat works fine in other games just fine as well. Only Overwatch has his issue regardless of hardware, software, ISP, all fail just with this specific game, ever since the Echo patch. Thanks for your time, and I hope a blue post finally responds after several months of silence on this issue.

1 Like

I came back to overwatch like 3 weeks ago and my mic was working last friday. on like saturday or sunday it just stopped letting my mic give any input. i can hear my teammates too and xbox party chat works perfectly fine. i once had this problem back when the echo patch came out, but there was a simple fix to just go to audio settings on xbox and turn headset mic off then on but of course xbox removed that (or at least i cant find it anymore/its not in the same place as before). also i 100% know that it is NOT something to do with push-to-talk.

Yeah I have had this issue since the echo patch as well. I have always been able to hear my teammates in the match or team chat just fine, my mic simply does not work for in-game chat. Even though it works in party chat just fine. Very annoying when I want to communicate with my team. Xbox has since moved that setting but it is still kind of available. Click your xbox home button then go to the bottom and there is now a permanent audio/speaker icon there. That doesn’t and hasn’t helped or worked for me but may work for you.

It’s pretty poor form from Blizzard on their own official forum not to have responded in 6 months after the last update was that the independent contractor was working on it. Clearly they haven’t been working very hard, it seems very much like it’s not a priority despite team communication being a key part of the game.

We’ve basically stopped playing any competitive play and really reduced how much we play overwatch compared with other games in major part due to this. Ducked on today to get about 2 games of voice chat before it broke again for all 3 of my usual gaming crowd.

I always kind of got the impression OW didn’t really listen to players that well… didn’t realise they don’t want players to listen to each other either…

Wonder if they’ve actually been giving updates on this regularly but their chat isn’t working either and so we can’t hear them :rofl:

This has been an issue for me over the past 8 months or so. Finally found a temp fix with a hard reset of the console and controller. Booting up the xbox first. Then turning on the controller with the mic plugged in and not muted. Works for a while then happens again.
This is a huge issue in a team based game and while I know they are busy with a sequel it’s crazy this has not been acknowledged or addressed.