Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

Quitting and restarting the game still does not fix the issue for me. I have tried nearly everything and for over a year the voice chat has still not worked for me. Does anyone have any other fixes??

2 Likes

I’m on an xbox X with elite controller 2.

Since this has gone cross play, I wanted to play with my PC friends and was really excited but we cant because I cant hear anything or be heard in group chat!

Please fix this as the cross play feature is useless!

1 Like

Came here to find a solution and I see this has been a problem for over a year? Insane. I have to completely shut down my game and start it up every time my group voice chat doesn’t work. That’s the only way I can get it to work. If I have to switch out batteries in my controller then I have to restart the game or my mic won’t work. It is definitely annoying.

Summary

This text will be hidden

1 Like

I know at least four people having this issue as well, really surprised to see there’s a thread from so long ago and so many replies, and no response or answers from blizzard. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I’ll try some out. The only thing that rarely works for me is turning the mic on/off in the audio settings but that has worked like twice in the last few months. It’s even more irritating now with crossplay because it makes it impossible to communicate with your teammates on PS4, etc. PLEASE blizzard help us out!!!

1 Like

My issue started today it has worked until this afternoon when I got on it shows the name plate on left side but I cant get it to work.

Solutions I’ve encountered:

1. Toggle mic off and on in Xbox audio settings(Xbox button -> Audio and Music -> Headset Mic Off/On)
  2. Unplug your Xbox from power to clear cache
  3. Make sure you allow communications from outside xbox in account settings. (Settings -> Account -> Privacy and Online Safety -> Xbox Privacy -> View Details and Customize -> Communication and Multiplayer -> Set all to allow and everybody)
1 Like

Hello, I have the problem since I had the game I’m using a cord headset I’m on a Xbox one my battletag is Nick#19561 I started play around a month and half ago. My headset works on every other game other then overwatch. I can’t hear anyone talking or use my mic at all.

2 Likes

Same Problem here. Have this problem since i Player again (2 Weeks) but i can rember having this when i stoppen playing (1 year).

1 Like

For Xbox, I put myself alone in a party chat and then clicked “switch to game chat” and it worked for me.

I’ve had the same issue for over a year. Kinda getting ridiculous.

2 Likes

Amazing!! Totally works for new too :slight_smile: Thanks. It saves me from quitting and restarting the game. Cheers!

Xbox user with plugged in headset. Usually restarting the game would work but it is not anymore, its gotten to the point where I have to go into a party with the people I play with. I am in game chat, can see who else is in game chat, and can hear everyone else talk (randoms and friends) however my mic just does not work. No one can hear me and it does not display that I am talking, switch over to the party though and everything is fine.

1. wtf
  2. how is there no a fix yet when this is a year old
  3. help lmao
1 Like

Lmaoooo tec support has completely abandoned replying to this issue that IS OVER A YEAR OLD GOING ON 2 YEARS

What in the actual…

1 Like

is it STILL happening?

1 Like

Lol why would I pay for overwatch 2 when this is still an issue - 6 years after I first purchased the game.

Wtf blizzard?

Hello,

I’m on PlayStation and I have this same problem. It’s been like this since last year. I’ve tried everything so hopefully I can find the answer in this thread.

My setting are all Auto Join and whenever I join a couce chat of any sort I can’t hear anyone and no one can hear me. Very rarely if I get on and the first voice chat I get into works for about 3 minutes or so and then kicks me out.

It’s very sad and I miss not having to use text chat.

Thank you for trying to help <w

I have been experimenting with this huge bug and so far I have a hypothesis. Whenever I am in a group with someone who is on another platform than my own, my voice chat does not work. However yesterday I was in a group that was all PlayStation and it voice chat worked. I don’t remember the exact time this bug started but it may have been when crossplay was introduced.

Please fix this for cross platform play!!!

Mine hasnt worked in like 2 weeks, I can hear people they cant hear me. Settings are fine