[XBOX] Lost All Items and Progress?

Hey all,

I am really confused about this one and hoping someone can shed some light…

I haven’t played Overwatch on Xbox in a long time. Yesterday, when I realised it had cross play and wanting to try out my Series X, I decided to boot it up.

Upon logging on, it put me straight to the menu, asked me to do the tutorial and all of my cosmetic items and player stats have just vanished? This is 100% the same Xbox account I used to play on.

What makes it even weirder, is all the loot boxes I bought through the Xbox store seem to have been refunded to me as unredeemed loot boxes? I definitely would have redeemed these when I bought them years ago.

So the game seems to know I own loot boxes, but has no idea what cosmetics or my stats are… I am in contact with Blizzard support but they are quite slow…any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry i don’t have a idea but i am curious if it also affects your mmr/sr

Does the game still know your skill level?
Or do you stomp qp?

My assumtion would be you’re a completely new player for the system.

Everything is totally reset, I would have played competitive a little bit, but it would have been around 4 years ago…mostly played QP.

I agree though, apart from the loot boxes it has given back to me, it is treating me like a totally new player.

You might be logged into the wrong account. Double-check your email history for communication concerning the game.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply. It is 100% the correct account, I even have achievements and playtime on my xbox profile for Overwatch, and it says what my player level should be. I have never had another xbox account and as mentioned, I even got given back the loot boxes I bought a long while ago as unredeemed loot boxes.

I’m not talking about your Xbox profile or account, I am talking about your Battlenet account used for tracking game progression. The profile you currently have linked shows almost nothing completed, so it’s likely it is the wrong Battlenet account.

Perhaps you should open a ticket with the staff and work with them on locating the proper login details.

I spoke to support and they advised that my xbox progression is not tied to a battle.net account. and is stored against the xbox account… I think you may be seeing my PC stats which are basically empty as I only played very briefly on PC.

Support staff keep telling me to speak to Microsoft, so I’ll do that and see what they say.

Thanks.

Yep, you can see what I’m seeing by clicking on your icon in the forum. Then you click View Profile to see it. And Customer Support is likely correct, especially if you never connected the two.

OK so you were correct. I previously had another battlenet account linked to my xbox profile, which in 2019 I deleted, so that I could move my main battlenet account to that email address.

I was under the impression, from support, that my progress wasn’t tied to my battlenet account, but it seems that in deleting that old account it deleted all of my progress on console. I guess deleting the battlenet account also deletes any progress for linked console accounts?

Unfortunately, I can’t answer that. However, if you login with the old Xbox account you should be able to answer that question pretty quickly.

I guess it must have. Strangely, I just received another message from Blizzard support saying that deleting the battlenet account should not delete the data.

Looks like I will just have to concede defeat on this one, at least I got my loot boxes back I guess…thanks for the help.

Probably a late reply but what actually happens is that your progress is saved on battle net when you link your Xbox to it . Now when you are deleting your battle net account .mske sure to unlink your Xbox with current battle net and linking it to new battle net account .if you leave the link as it is .it will also delete your Xbox progress when old battle net account gets deleted

I leave overwatch after playing the crap out of it, so i boot it up to enjoy some games, and now i have to sign in with a battle net account in which im forced to throw everything away

1 Like