Xbox 1 Voice Chat Issue

Been playing OW since day one on xbox1. Just starting having this glitch as well in june of 19. Kinda ridiculous this is still a problem.

Hey there,

I’ve moved you to your own thread since the one you were posting in was an issue that was resolved a long time ago. There was a temporary bug with this, but it’s not a problem anymore. If you’re having trouble chatting in xbox, there are a couple common causes:

• A suspension of your voice privileges for harassment, language, or inappropriate gamertag. I noticed that your battletag was inappropriate and flagged it for you. The next time you log in you’ll be forced to update it. Check the email you used to register your xbox live account for notifications of suspensions.
  • A settings problem. Double check your sound settings in-game and set the channel you’re having problems with to “Auto-join”. Also, try with both push to talk and open mic mode and see if one works while the other doesn’t.
  • A connection problem. I’ll frequently see this due to unstable wifi or a bad router cache. You can usually fix that kind of thing by following these steps.
  • A hardware problem. Check a different headset or controller and see if the problem is fixed.

Done all those. Overwatch is the only game i get this issue on. Everythi g works fine then my mic mutes and i loose all chat. Rverything works on other games or party chat, but just randonly stopped working in overwatch.

That’s a disconnection. Are you on wifi or ethernet? If wifi, swap to ethernet. 9 times out of 10 that’s the cause of a voice disconnection. If it doesn’t work, you may also need to clear your console’s cache. You’re going to power cycle your connection again, and while you’re at it, power down your console completely. Unplug it for 10 minutes, then come back, plug it back in, and retest.

Still doesnt work. Still randomly mutes and leaves chat even after this weeks update.

It could be that your network connection is unstable. Do you have access to a PC where you could run a WinMTR?

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

Follow the support documentation for WinMTR. If you’re unable to get into a game for the IP address, then use an IP from the table provided on that page that matches your region. Run the test until you encounter the issue again, or for at least 10 minutes.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.

I do will this fix it?

Hey there,

It’s more there to diagnose what’s going on with the network/path to our servers. In some cases it’ll help us find out why you’re having that problem. Unfortunately with consoles, we’re limited in how many details we can get, which is why this is a good test to run.

I play a lot of overwatch on Xbox and to this day I still have this problem I have a Ethernet connection and almost 1gb download speed it’s not that because my mic works in everything else except this game I’ll even make a party or join a friends to confirm it’s not my mic and they can hear me and talk to me fine but for some reason I’m overwatch on Xbox my mic dosent work no mute icon or nothing and no mic bans or suspensions either it’s very frustrating especially in ranked games please fix this bug please

Sometimes it works and then sometimes it dosent it’s so random I try resetting the game and even my Xbox and that dosent work it’s been like this for awhile please fix it