WTF is the placement system

Okay let me start off I am NOT a god level player… how much of previous rank goes into account of your new rank? Because (not saying i should be GM) I played the hell outta my placement matches (over 15k healing almost every game with 20k my final game) and still got high bronze (again not a GM level player) really high bronze?

1 Like

Yup, if you were bronze before you’ll be bronze again.

And based on your hero kd you’re likely at the right rank.

Same as my mediocre kd show that I’m around my current peak.

If you want help to get better then submit a gameplay video on here and people will tell you what you’re doing wrong.

I’m high gold and I make loads of mistakes each game.

Edit, misread your stats. Your Moira kd is pretty good.

Your Mercy win rate is sub par. Placements are like normal games. I went 4-6 and lost 80 Sr.

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately you can’t expect to climb much in just 10 games.

It’s the strip club of Overwatch.

It’s just a tease. Expect nothing in return.

1 Like

Placement matches are like normal matches, except that you can be grouped with people with different SR (so rank above or below) But MMR should be about the same (account MMR, so can be completely different on the heroes they are playing)

Another a bot who just heal and dont “support”

What % of team damage did you heal?

How many times did you die?

How many assists did you get?

2 Likes

if you have played previus seasons your sr is based on where you were last, and adjusted by placements
if you haven’t played competitive before its based on how you’ve been doing in quick play

Here’s the reality.

If you have played on a account prior and gotten a rank, always expect the next season to be that rank 100 + or 100 -. To get out of your rank you need to play a lot… meaning through the wins and losses keep playing and playing… it’s the only way to get out of your rank expecting a massive jump from placements is just asking for dissapointment.

If you feel like your rank no longer reflects your play style purchase OW on a discount and level back up and do placements. Take the quick play matches seriously because there’s a hidden MMR that affects your first few matches in competitive.

2 Likes

But I’d urge op to get vod coaching first.

Kd can be misleading, but is a nice litmus test of skill. Kd values appear to indicate they need to improve before they deserve higher than mid bronze.

Eg, my Lucio kd is 2-1 after placements around 2500. At low gold my kd was 4-1. At 1700 I was going some games 15-0 and 22-0 with him.
Worse kd indicates less killing of, and more deaths against, better opposition.

The only placement games that matter are the absolutely first 10 placements per account. Placements in other seasons will typically keep you within 100-200 SR of the last season end.

Think of placements as of normal games with your SR hidden. If you go 10-0, you are expected to get ~240 SR, just like in normal ranked games. If you go 5-5, you remain at the same place.

Yeah, placements just go off of what your end of season rank was. If you do well, you may go up nearly 100+, if you do poorly, you may drop 100+.

If you did well, you should be climbing in no time. Your healing may be great, but what about utility? Like are you using your entire kit (damage boost, speed boost, etc.)? Things like that can actually hold players back.

If you want to have a VOD review done, I am sure there would be people happy to help you out :slight_smile:

placements mean absolutely nothing. they exist purely to match your displayed SR to your internal MMR after 10 games. they mostly effect players at higher ranks, since it’s possible to decay from an insanely high rank down to 3k, have an insanely high internal MMR, place, and then have their external SR match up with the internal MMR

It’s basically just a waste of time once you’ve already done the first set of them.

1 Like