Wrong Rank?!?!?

Im gold 5 and have been for the past 15 games. I just finished my next placements and it shows
“Silver 5” then fades to “Silver 1”
Huh? I was gold 5, not silver 5, and silver 1 is not a rank up, its a rank down?
I dont know if this is a visual glitch or what but I’m kind of pissed

5 Likes

It’s a visual glitch.
It updated icon from gold to silver before going to silver 1. You were demoted from Gold 5 to Silver 1, but the icon was replaced(Silver 5 instead of Gold 5) and then it showed the new number.

I had the same issue. I won 5 from 8 games in Platin 5. My icon was randomly Gold 5 and ranked up to Gold 1. It can’t be a visual bug otherwise it would be insane to be degraded from Platin 5 to Gold 1 when you win 5 from 8 games. I have no motivation to play anymore.

5 Likes

But it is a visual bug, it’s literally 1 step down on demotion.

Do you have a source that it’s visual glitch or are you assuming? Because I have a positive win loss so I shouldn’t be getting demoted. If it is visual then the ranking system as a whole needs a bug report…

1 Like

hey hun, no it’s not a visual glitch. it’s actually de ranking you. or it did me at least. my fiancée is a plat 4 or something like that. i was a silver 4 and was able to play with him. but i got deranked to a bronze 4, and reranked as a bronze 2…… i told him “well i guess i was a bronze 4” he reminded me “no i’m plat, there’s no way i could’ve even played with you if that was true” so that’s my confirmation that yes i am being deranked right before my reranking. while technically i am going higher, the glitch is just dragging me down even further in the process.

1 Like

I’m getting this bug too (actually it happened with two separate rank ups). Is that progress just completely lost? Is there any “fix” for it?

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

Just copying my response here: This minor visual glitch also appears on the competitive queue screen, the career profile, and very likely has an effect on matchmaking, but that is difficult to determine given the state of matchmaking this season in general. The majority of those experiencing this bug also seem to have a persistent rank cap, which if surpassed, results in the rank being demoted not by one, but by five subdivisions. Somehow, I think this might be more than just a visual glitch.