Wrecking Ball's Grapple Length was Unintentionally nerfed

Certain rollouts are no longer possible and timing can be messed up by this change.

11 Likes

My issue with this change is that, if intentional, nothing was said in the patch notes about this change. You would think that a change like this would have been mentioned in the patch notes, but they left it for us to find on our own.

It also messes with muscle memory that I have built up for the past 250+ hours that I have been playing this hero. The changes are definitely noticeable for me and have messed up multiple rollouts for me already.

I doubt this is a bug, but if it truly is, then I hope to see it fixed some time soon.

2 Likes

From what I can tell the hook distance has been made smaller so yes hooks are now rollouts and many long hooks you could previously could do are no longer here. Extending his look back to the way it was it help

1 Like

This is the issue whenever something changes with Ball, is that its never mentioned anywhere when changes are made. Last time it was the movement changes with the initial double boop patch bug fix, this time the grapple length completely changes and it gets grouped under the grapple detection changes and isnt mentioned.

If this is intentional, at least say it. Since I doubt it is if no explicit mention of it is on the patch notes, please revert it to its old length. As little as it may seem, this is a nerf, and while I dont know the behind the scenes code needed to fix this, unless you folks want to actually state “Grapple length shortened to 20m” in the notes please return it to what it was.

2 Likes

Mei mains feel your pain

bliz please fix this

1 Like

It’s so weird, such a subtle change but it’s so annoying.