Wrecking Ball is a throw pick

Your maxed shields do not provide any ult charge, and if you can’t get out of the group of them with max shields then you fail to understand how Hammond moves.

I have loads of fun disrupting the enemy with Hammond.

We’ll see how comp goes tonight.

2 Likes

Don’t look at me! That’s from the OP!

I’m also not going to mention all of the times you called me deluded or incoherent.

Actually, yea I think I might do that.

Cus I’m the one name calling

2 Likes

I’m not, I highlighted and hit quote and your name popped up. Apparently you gotta click the v to see the whole thing.

This footage is great btw. Is it yours? And how did you put the video in the post cus mine says I’m not allowed to do that?

I mean, just reading through the thread you’ve had a poor attitude from the beginning and you’ve been insulting people.

It’s not really censorship. You are still allowed to say what you want. That doesn’t free you from the consequences of whatever you say. You constantly calling people deluded, dense, lacking reading comprehension, etc, only serves to weaken your arguments.

As for the topic, it’s too early to tell how Hammond is going to do. Most players haven’t learned how to play as him, let alone play with one on a team and knowing when to swap or use a team comp to help accommodate him. Seems like it will be a similar situation that Doomfist was / is in.

It requires you to be a certain trust level on the forums. Trust levels are hidden but can be viewed if you know how to. Here’s a guide for it.

That should take you to a thread posted back in April. You have to be trust level 3 to embed videos and pictures on the forums.

Thanks a ton. I was a bit confused when I saw someone attach a GIF to a post and I couldn’t do the same.

1 Like

Not a problem. The basic rule of thumb to my understanding is to post frequently, visit the forums for a certain amount of days and read posts, give and recieve enough likes within that set period of time.

If you keep posting on the forums and don’t cause trouble, you’ll get there.

1 Like

I feel like everyone is picking hammond counters on purpose now just to overcompensate.

Once when the meta kicks in, he will most likely be a strong pick.

Btw, I just realized how bad of an idea it is to play hammond while having mei in your own team. Expect to be walled all the time.

1 Like

I feel like he’s a lot like Doomfist, either you’re really good and can basically carry the team, or you’re really bad and are just a burden to your team. I feel like there’s no inbetweens.

I have yet to see a Hamond, the did “alright” it’s always either been, “this guy carried us” or “wow we would have been better off without this guy”

1 Like

Yeah that was like my best game of the night so I made a highlight from my twitch stream and upped it to youtube.

1 Like

When people continue to “correct” me on Wrecking Ball’s barrier not giving ultimate charge when I stated that it was his 600 health, the claim of people lacking reading comprehension is an objective statement. Whether or not you find that offensive is subjective, I’ve only intentionally insulted the thread troll for his obvious shortcomings. Deleting posts is absolutely censorship, when people resort to the report function over one trifling comment in the entirety of a post it’s complete hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty on display. Apparently stifling rebuttal and derailing conversations with hurt feelings is what passes for polite discourse shrug.

Maybe exclude those sorts of commentary from your posts in the future and they won’t get reported?

1 Like

Have you considered while your initial post was clear to you (and your subsequent posts have been made clear to everyone else) that your initial post was not worded well which led people to initially believe you were talking about the shields?

Let’s put it this way. You are trying to make your case clear and concise. I get that. But calling people delusional (doesn’t matter if you believe it to be true or not) has nothing to do with the topic. You are choosing to insult people under the guise of being ovjective to derail your own thread.

It’s not constructive while the rest of your post might have been. Read the Code of Conduct. By posting on the forums you are acknowledging that blizz can and will remove posts they do not think are acceptable. You are allowed to voice your opinion, blizz is not obligated to give you a platform for your opinion.

Many of your comments in this thread have been aggressive if not outright insulting. People are going to report you if you act like a jerk to them rather than go “oh hey, that’s not what I meant let me clarify” you chose to insult people and act it’s their fault when they get upset.

1 Like

Even after everything, you still can’t stop insulting people.

Sometimes, you need to step back and look at what you said instead of how people respond. D.Va also has 600 health, and you hadn’t said anything about that, so I assumed that you were talking about the shielding. Other people in this thread have thought the same thing. All you have to do is clarify yourself, there’s no need to blame somebody’s reading comprehension because we didn’t understand the slighty confusing way you worded this statement. From the way you responded, we can assume you weren’t in the right mindset for this.

I think all he needs right now is a bigger magazine size. He’s clearly intended to Piledrive, hit barrier, deal and soak as much damage as possible and get out to do it over again if the fight isn’t won.

Yes! You articulated this much better than Past Me did. Present Me is reading my post and thinking “damn, that’s wordy”

Maybe it’s supposed to be the Tank version of Pulse Bomb, or one of those at-will usage ults like Whole Hog or Coalescence where the job of the hero is reinforced by a disposable but useful Ultimate

I agree here… his ultimate is not “Trash” it does what it needs to IF WB also knocks people into it, and at the very least it slows people down… very effective.

1 Like

People who think he is a throw pick just don’t know how to play him. He is one of a handful of high skill floor heroes in the game, not everyone will be able to play him effectively. The only true throw pick in the game is Sombra, but that’s an entirely different conversation.

1 Like

His ultimate is awesome and serves a very unique function that fits his role perfectly.

Let it go in air, piledriver and watch the kills pile up.