Would Sombra need buffs?

Didn’t need Hack for that. Seriously, you’re grasping at individual hypotheticals, against a target that basically counters Sombra by being in play anyway. She’s super-low priority for Sombra to Hack because of this, unless she’s ulting and you can get behind.

We have priorities; and the priority targets tend to be kept up with bubble, Ana grenade, armour packs etc.

Fitzy explained all this when he went through why these changes weren’t helpful.

1 Like

I know how Sombra works. I play at the same level Fitzy does.

Sombra being bad because of the meta is not a reason for her being buffed. The second the meta starts to have less healing, Sombra will be more viable.

Widow just got nerfed because of the meta. Brigitte exists now, things need to be rebalanced around that. Not like Sombra was particularly good before that either.

2 Likes

Widowmaker was nerfed because she was OP. She had a higher pickrate than Genji in Dive. It wasn’t the meta. Widowmaker shouldn’t be the best Flex DPS in the meta that is supposed to counter her.

Only in OWL, not on the ladder.

Should we be nerfing Orisa because she’s good in OWL, even though she’s not used on the ladder at all?

OWL is too detached to make that kind of decision, that’s why Tracer was fine.

1 Like

Except Orisa isn’t even the #1 tank and her use is a product of the meta.

Tracer was not fine at all. Not only was she ridiculously OP in OWL, she was also ridiculously OP in high ladder because she is a skill based hero, not a coordination hero.

Genji is used in ladder more than in pro play consistently, no matter the meta. He’s considered a fun hero by high ranked players so there are a lot of Genji mains/one-tricks even if he would get shut down in OWL.

Widow’s a coordination hero, who only came to fore on the ladder since the meta changed because it’s easier to babysit her in deathball, especially with Hanzo. I mean, I watched some OWL last night and they were 3 support with Hanzo solo DPS. Sure, he’s getting nerfed too, but Widow was just keeping his seat warm there until Storm Arrow showed up.

End of the day, the meta changed, a new hero happened, and rebalancing has to happen. Whether that’s Widow/Hanzo/Tracer nerfs, or Sombra buffs. It is what it is.

1 Like

Widowmaker has a higher pickrate than Hanzo in the playoff. That’s just your confirmation bias telling you Hanzo has replaced Widowmaker.

Doesn’t change my point. Literally one round, 2 teams, 12 players, it’s an anecdote at that point anyway and has no relevance to the wider discussion as I noted already about OWL.

2 Likes

Well, what would be the better buffs?
If we make her damage stronger, she would end up solo spawn camping.
So really, her utility needs to be more consistent.
IDK, just spitballing here.

No point discussing this. He cherry picks data and disregards anything which disproves his opinion.

Hes the master of the no true scotsman fallacy.

2 Likes

Beside fixing hack …. i think she needs to reload faster and should reload with using translocator. Devs already said they don’t want her to do real dmg :disappointed_relieved:

Faster reload.
Damage threshold on breaking abilities.

2 Likes

Sounds about right…

That isn’t one round at all. It’s data from multiple series over the playoffs.

Why would I use solo queue data when Sombra has never been good in solo queue?

Why would I use OWL when she didn’t even go into OWL?

Because ignoring those and only using data that fits your narrative is cherry picking.

You’re literally on a level or anti-vaxxers and flat earthers.

2 Likes

Maybe their intentions on how Sombra should play differs from the communities perceptions and adopted play style. After all, they’re the ones the designing the character in the first place.

Yeah ok but it’s been over a year and half and sombra playstyle has been changed several times due to blizz changes that seem to be decided on a whim before the patch day.

If they had any clear intention of how she should play then they wouldn’t go back and forth, putting out random buffs in different parts.
They only know how they DON’T want her to be, they don’t want her to deal any kind of decent damage.

But beyond that the sombra changes they’ve put out are as random as if there was a monkey picking keywords out of a hat.

Meh, hasn’t been changed that radically. Mostly the ult charge stuff. It’s not like a serious rework.

First they buffed translocator, stealth and hack
Then they did it again
Clearly this didn’t work so they did the rework.
Now they focused on making hack better and finally adressing her damage while completely removing ult charge.
This turned her into a hack bot.

Then they removed this and completely lost any trace of what she wanted to do.
So now she’s so ineffective at everything that her best bet 90% of the time is to simply go back to square 1 and farm emp off big targets.

Now they’re trying to push for this “scout” and infiltrator change that does absolutely nothing for her.

The changes might not be big but the intent behind them are clear, balance team has absolutely no idea what they’re doing with her and each “buff” has been a pull into a different place.