Would Sombra need buffs?

Saying faster movement speed wasn’t intended for parkour is like saying “we gave them a gun and were completely shocked when they used it to shoot at things”. Anyone who has worked on a video game for more than 5 minutes realizes that increased move speed includes longer jumps, and therefore greater accessibility.

2 Likes

lol yeah lets go back to oldschool PS1 days. Duke Nukem Time to Kill. You could run fast but when you jumped you moved like your were at walking pace. great times and by great i mean i fell to my death alot lol :rofl:

1 Like

Whoah whoah whoah there Nelly, she got the ability to self destruct her active beacon for a cooldown time refund, that is a substantial “something useful in return”.

What is more, with a destructable translocater beacon, you have additional location info on the other team at a second location.

Try to be accurate when assessing impact, it really helps your credibility. No one is gonna listen to someone who appears to be magnifying negative and downplaying positives. Just give a real summary and explain why you think the positives have less value than they believe.

She literally became a near 100% picked hero in Contenders. She never entered OWL without the nerfs.

No one likes a preacher who says everyone goes to heaven either cause people know theres a hell even if they dont want to talk about it.

Getting your translocator destroyed prematurely is alot more impactful then waiting for a few seconds cause when you die takes more then 20 seconds to get back to the fight and you fed them more ult

1 Like

The short answer is yes… The PTR changes buffs were actually nerf…

The only buff she got was really QoL changes, which where the ability to cancel reload with Hack and the ability to destroy her translocator and put it on a 2 second cool-down. (cons to the though is that the enemy can destroy it as well.)

I even made a thread that will help her with her issues. Improvements to Sombra2.0 (click me)

2 Likes

^^^^ i trust this person opinion more then anyone else here

3 Likes

Sorry, you lost me. I mean, you can certainly do what you would like, but in my experience, a fair assessment tends to be more effective at getting what you want, and I was sharing that with you.

Where would I be without you guys :revolving_hearts: This is why I love this community!

3 Likes

Oh yeah didnt even mention the no contest in stealth, hellllllllllll no. I’d rather be able to put my foot on the point and lure people fromt he choke then sit invis on it forever hoping my team makes a successful push

2 Likes

1 Like

That is why I believe stealth need to be a freely used ability with no cooldown. Call me crazy, but I am okay with not being able to contest, if this way a thing.

2 Likes

sombra reads the patch notes

ht tps://68.media.tumblr.com/04990520f019921d985cc96fe52bcf48/tumblr_ogp1ujElZX1sro50fo1_540.gif

andmy own little take on it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Likes

MOOD :roll_eyes:

* Sombra reading the patch note and realize that it doesn’t fix none of her current issue *

5 Likes

I’m thinking there is a lot of speculation here. Let’s ask what kind of a whack situation you would have to be in to have a beacon destroyed mid fight with someone else.

I can’t imagine dropping invis and engaging when you dont have the advantage. Further, I can’t imagine that while someone is engaged, that someone else is roaming around looking for your beacon, which doesnt make a noise until you are on top of it, meaning that you put it in an unwise area (with permanent invis, there is no longer any reason to place a beacon at or near a healthpack) and chose to engage unwisely and probably SHOULD go take the walk of shame.

The one concern that seems very valid that I have seen is the idea that your beacon should have 75hp, so that it doesnt get destroyed by throwing it into a hotfire area for an EMP, and that it should take an act of will to destroy it.

Have you ever vs sombra before? When you know the enemy has a sombra especially on payload maps it’s your flankers job to track her down.

In 2 CP or KotH she usually starts the fight by harassing backline then your team pushes up middle. U dont need infinite amount of time to do this cause u need as many resets as you can get in case your push fails. I dont know what devs think sombra does the whole game but sitting invisible isnt one of them.

At least you can agree on the HP being ridiculous. 5 hp is a slap in the face basically to sombra players, might as well be 1. in the devs minds though they are probably like “but its 5x more then 1, CLEARLY its a buff compared to the way the rest of kit gets destroyed by random chip damage”

Also if it had 75 hp then at least you could hear a new voiceline like “ugh theyre gonna break it!” something that lets you know “um sombra your not gonna have it much longer might want to set up new”

I agree I think translocator should have more than 5 hp (and again I didn’t say sombra couldn’t use buffs, but that they shouldn’t be anywhere near hack) I find it odd they settled on that number especially because I think Sym turrets have like 30 or something crazy high in comparison for what they do vs translocator. I can only imagine they did it for counter play against translocate into enemy team EMP, but I thought that was a good thing and still had counter play in that it was very visibly happening, not to mention sombra most likely won’t even need that strat anymore due to infinite stealth.

Edit: that strat referring to translocator into EMP, not the bait strat you mentioned which I also felt was a good thing, but infinite transaction without the ability to destroy it I do think would be too much, more hp however I agree 100%

You can’t deny though that it’s much harder to Hack in the middle of a fight because of the cooldown. Don’t get me wrong, Sombra’s holding down Hack until it went through was just stupid, but with so much spam damage flying around it’s the second most inconsistent thing in the game.

4 Likes

I thought of some idea where they could rework hack in a way that is effective and allow buffing to sombras kit with less resistance.

Make hack reverse all the hacked player’s controls for that duration instead of disabling abilities.

Rough concept that I basically just thought of.