Worst advice you've received in-game

“Mercy pocket me, I’ll carry everyone through the match”

2 Likes

Did you check if he was slept?

“Bastion you need to be on point”
While all 5 of my teammates had JUST died and I just got to point, with all 6 of the enemy team on point. I would’ve been melted the second I walked on point because I suck as bastion (this was in Mystery Heroes btw)

“Stay with the team, Winston”

Pushing with the team is one thing. Blocking enemy support and sniper sightlines is another. Just because he has a deployable barrier doesn’t mean he’s another Orisa.

2 Likes

“you suck rly hard
go play other games
but not this”

There’s a chance I should have heeded that advice, seeing how OW has developed lol.

1 Like

ALT+F4 for free coins

1 Like

“d.va switch to Winston”

Ah Yes my favorite. For a while I was a mid gold level player as support/tank. My friend was stuck in bronze and didn’t have too much time to place. Since we like to play together I grinned him out of Bronze and into gold. It took awhile. But while i was getting him out of bronze i found not one, but two people who said never use shield. They wanted me to play him more like a genii that always has blade. And another one that said never use charge on Rein either. And he Left when I decided to use it

Worst advice in game : just suppress the gag-reflex :laughing:

Thats great advice if you ask me mate

ive seen alot of great advices from my teammates. some of them:

• go train with bots
  • dont play support/dps/tank if you cant handle it
  • uninstall overwatch
  • dont dps when you are playing support characters
  • go kill yourself

just finished a game with torb on attack we won :slight_smile:

Someone told me: “switch to winston to counter mei” :man_shrugging:

one: the same thing you said
two: stand in the corner to heal

That Dva (before nerfs just saying) wasn’t good on defense. Just bronze talk

From the mouth of babes… pearls of wisdom :laughing:

Someone told me Brig was not going to be viable in the match and throughout the entire match kept wanting me to be a “main” healer. After the match my card came up with 17.4k healing done.

Well, I’ve played a lot of Sym for the past 3 years so you can imagine the bad advice is… often. Everyone thinks they can play her best, when she’s most peoples least touched hero but here are a few.

"Don’t play Sym on attack! "My best WR is on attack with Sym, actually. Close to 65%, without switching. Gives me more space and time to calculate my moves and try some things out. I’ve always panicked with what feels like a more pressed, timed situation while on defense. Like I’m just waiting to get steamrolled. So I’m still decent with Sym on defense, but not quite as well as on attack.

“Taking her tele from first point Hanamura (Attack) straight to the bell (point) is a terrible idea!” (The only time I’ve ever lost that point, was when a woman and a really aggressive guy brow beat me on mic to the point of near tears telling me that I was making a bad play, so the team refused to take my tele from choke straight to the point. Which is the entire… objective… Only time I’ve EVER not won that point with that tactic. This happened a few months ago and I still think those two people were bots. And honestly, really rude.

“WHY DID YOU USE SHIELD GEN!? USE TELE!!1!” Pretty self explanatory, but of the two old Sym ults, I’ve long considered tele the more situational of the two and not good at sustaining the mass majority of fights. Sorry you overextended and died Genji bro but I’m not your taxi. Maybe you just need some extra shields to survive those 1v3’s? Either way thems what you’s gettin’!

“Tell me A/S/L” Naaaaah…

2 Likes

To hack as Sombra despite being shot at.

A guy in comp other day told me to stop swapping (I was going for counters for their comps) lol