Worst advice you've received in-game

On LC on attack, me as a lone Zen was told to get on point by my darn self with the entire enemy team there. My team got wiped since no one wanted to work together. I floated away to safety and waited for my team. Got yelled at but whatever.

Was told to “spam Ashe’s nades” but like … ? She has a cool down on them so how do I spam when it’s on cool down ? Got yelled at.

Was playing Soldier and had my healers tell me to heal the team while they tried to DPS as Zen/Ana. We lost.

A genji told me if I put my shield down I am throwing the game so I should keep it up 24/7 even if it is about to break, says the guy who told Ana to ONLY heal and focus on him.

“Don’t push into enemy spawn”
Sounds like good advice? It was said by a McCree running into the enemy spawn infront of the tanks. Good advice, but it would have been better if he listened to it himself

1 Like

Oh! Freaking, when anyone demands a main tank to pocket them, or to perform the role of peeling within the team. Gahhh!!!

1 Like

Is that the same Bastion who keeps moving around without telling their tanks, doesn’t stay still and/or blames their healer when they die because they took on 3+ attacks at once like an idiot?

1 Like

“Ana is an off healer”

“I’ll go for this shatter flank, trust me”

1 Like

Visit the official forums.

1 Like

My friend was in a game where someone said “we should split up”

“Symmetra doesn’t work on attack” is always solid
and
my personal favourite

“Mercy, rez?” after
a) I just rez’d, and you can still see it in the kill feed
or
b) They are on the other side of the map, and I already have a pocketed flanker trying to eat my face.

Oh also,
being told to stay in the backlines as Brigitte,
being told I should stay with the team as Tracer
“D.va, can you dive (insert character who is in the middle of the enemy team)?”
and “Sombra, can you hack (useless hack target)?”

Easy…

“I need healing”

Her launch- Ana doesn’t have good healing
Brig pre rework- she doesn’t have good healing
Lucio- speed isn’t even good. Stay healing
Ana- heal nade is better than anti
On dps- dps are supposed to create space!!!
On dps- dps need to hold a point!!!

“Flank with me :slight_smile: .”

hahaha what, my god…

1 Like

“Group up”

Don’t get me wrong, it’s normally good advice, but not so much when it’s from the Genji who solo-engaged the entire enemy team with his ult while everyone was waiting on our 3 teammates to revive.

“You should play tank” or “tank is easy”
It’s funny when the lack of tanks is hurting the game and the forums are shouting nerf pls

1 Like

Oh, the good old #BringBackMassRez

2 Likes

“Zen, stop dpsing and heal”

I’m like, what? XD

5 Likes

It was likely more of a, “I can’t heal Pharah reliably, so I’m counting on you to do it”, but they phrased it poorly.

When playing ana hog kept saying “use nade on me while I heal” and “stop only nading enemies”
like what? anti is one of if not the best ability in game. sure hitting your team helps but only if you can get both