Worst advice you've received in-game

My favorite though: I was told not to give so much callouts over the mic, in competitive (mind you, I was just calling out normal stuff, nothing toxic).

6 Likes

“You guys need to push, i got both their tanks”

Me: We’re 4 down, we need to group back up, we have spawn advantage

Them: They have no tanks, you can 2 vs 4 that.

5 Likes

Before Moira became the go-to healer, I was in a comp game with a Mercy main who told me: “You know you can dps right, Moira?”. This was because I stayed with the tanks in the payload and healed everyone’s damage - we were grouped up. I guess she felt useless. I told her that I do more healing than damage, to which she replied… “Ok…”. Was basically told to be a dps Moira by a Mercy.

1 Like

hell ive heard that one just this week, was pretty cool

Stop using speedboost!

4 Likes

“Stop looking at the kill feed and focus on the game”

7 Likes

Someone told me that lucio is a main healer in diamond. In d i a m o n d.

8 Likes

Switch off brig while I had all golds and extreme impact from the rest of her utility (stopping people from dieing with the flail by backing reapers off, stopping rein from smashing out squishing to death using his charge, stopping reaper ults, etc.) Also Brig forces the team to group up to win which is another plus.

Yet this one person didn’t group up, this Genji… said he wasn’t getting heals across the map, and the team agreed with the Genji when he said “Switch off brig, ur doing no heals” cause the team just died 5v6 cause he over extended, so I switched to Bap which has no utility other than his inviciblility barrier, the rest is just a basic healer / DPS kit…

annnnnnnnnd… we crashed.

“You’ll never go far by one tricking Bastion, maybe it work here but in T500 this will never work.”

1 Like

“NEVER HEAL SOMBRA”

If Sombra is in danger and not teleporting away, I’m going to heal her.

6 Likes

The worst advice I was given was more or less in the form of me and one my friends not agreeing on strategies on KOTH maps.

According to me, the team should never push at the enemy’s spawn nor anywhere too far away from the objective once the enemies captured 99% and are only one fight away from recapturing the point and winning the round.

My friend, on the contrary, always advocates for the team to be agressive and fighting them close to their spawn as long as we have the objective.

I don’t mind being agressive or going outside the point but I think it’s very risky to do this when the enemies have 99% of the cap while we only have 90 % or less. If we fight on point, it’s easier to come back from spawn if someone dies in the middle of said fight.

if we all die at the enemies spawn, the round is most likely lost. There’s no time to respawn and contest.

I think both him and I can be right, it depends on the match and the enemy team’s gameplay but what do you guys think ?

Who’s wrong or right ?

I admit that I sometimes play too carefully when it comes to KOTH (which can also be a liability in certain situations). I don’t like overextending a lot, especially with no ults available in my team but I’m really not fond of people pushing like crazy when the enemies are 1 fight away from winning on KOTH maps.

1 Like

To sell my username to a pawnshop because of how ‘bad’ of a support I was.

it still confuses me, three years later.

5 Likes

Back in the old days of dive, someone told me “Tracer hard counters McCree.”

I once told someone to take Roadhog or Winston to counter Reaper :p… but it was like at the very beginning of the game (season 1). Little did I know at that time, right ?

1 Like

“doomfist alwais kill me take a shield”
a glorious zen player

“But we don’t need any healers in our team”

“Tracer and I will head to Point B, you guys get Point A first”

5 Likes

“Switch, we need a dps with high damage.”

me on Symmetra: -_-

“Body-block as Mercy sometimes” How about nah?

Same, me too. A Pharah even told me that I should just heal and never damage boost. How stupid is that?

Also, a Rein once tell me to just put my TP in front of spawn while I need to use it for TP bomb. I mean, what???