World Cup Viewer is incredible

I just tried the Viewer and it is great!

One thing I miss is listening to the commentators. It should stream the audio or even better, put a picture-in-picture video stream.

1 Like

Any plans on letting us download the replays so we can review them without us having to fear them getting deleted at some point?

Hey guys, I just came to say I’m mindblown by the viewer ! I’ve always dreamed of having that, and you just did it !

Is one of those bugs being able to go infinitely out of map limits?

you can literally go around to the back of ilios’s mountain to follow the boats

No thanks. I can see you haven’t been on the internet long enough to understand but let me give ya “a piece of the golden apple” that is the rules of the internet(unwritten is my guess).

If someone tells you to download something. You mute, report, flag and get the hell outta there before you have to kill your PC with fire.

So no. I’m not going to download some potentially suspicious camera software that may impact my overwatch experience in a (very)bad way. But if anyone else wants to, feel free I suppose.

Your party, or funeral. Depending on how it goes ¯\(ツ)

Current issue is that atleast for me in EU the stream is about 40 seconds behind the viewer. So you would see a big play but hear about it from the caster about 40 seconds later which can make it weird.

1 Like

This and watching widow gameplay. It’s boring and I wish we didn’t get forced to watch so much of that hero’s perspective lol

I used it for the first time today and it was just such an incredible tool.

I love watching players real-time and the decisions they make directly from their view all match. You see a lot of their good habits and a lot of their silly mistakes.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that you didn’t download the viewer because you’re worried that Blizzard will give you a ton of viruses? :neutral_face:

1 Like

In hindsight. Yes. If something sounds too good to be true, then its probably so.

it’s literally a modified overwatch game client you “download” like the test realm. and some time in the future every game client will have it implemented

and when that “future time” comes around I’ll just decline its attempt to add itself onto the client I have on my PC. Should the option to decline not exist I’ll just uninstall the game and not touch it again.

besides, modified versions of the game isn’t allowed per the agreement I signed, so I’m taking that to heart. Regardless if said modified version comes from Blizzard and they “allowed it”.

How do I download it?

change the region to overwatch worldcup viewer in the battlenet client

It is incredible. I love being able to see pro games from the perspective of supports!

I didn’t get around to testing it but when you watch the games through the World Cup viewer, do you still get to hear/see the casting and the desk?

No, but they said it’s in their plans to add that feature in the future. You can always open the client and watch the Twitch replay at the same time though.

Ah, if it archives then I’d probably watch it at some point after rather than live until that’s in because I really enjoy all the other stuff

Please, it’s a good thing explore all the map bounds, like Busan you can go downtown to meka base without loading :smiley:

I mean, they did. They said it’s going to be a feature in Overwatch in a future update.