World Cup: Japan vs. Russia (final)

New map, many different routes to take and different comps can be played effectively

1 Like

On Oasis, Dep looked like the second coming of Fl0w3r.

1 Like

I haven’t heard much of flower lately what’s up with him?

Team Japan has no answer for Tracer + Pharah… =(
Dep not really doing that well as Brigitte.

Kenmo is really late on these DMs, really should work on that.

He’s on XL2 under the username Nanohana now

1 Like

More details: Fl0w3R - Liquipedia Overwatch Wiki

Allegedly he changed his name after getting a little frisky with a girl (which is extremely Taboo in their culture)

Also he’s a bench boy behind Mangachu and Nenne.
Oh how the great have fallen

1 Like

That’s rough. Did his skill falloff? Last I knew he was God tier.

Wrist injury, I heard.

Also, that solo grav lol

1 Like

GG Rialto

Japan just doesn’t have the same level of skill as Russia.
Taiyo has looked good though. Hopefully he gets picked up for OWL S2

1 Like

Russia takes the series but they take the first hit to their armor with that Control Map loss. Which may leave Finland and South Korea an open door to Blizzcon.

Final Score

Victory!
Watch on Twitch

1 Like

The last match of the night is now open for discussion.

JPN put up a better fight vs RUS than I’d expected. Too bad they had no answer to Pharah. Mistakes popped off as Tracer but if SDB hadn’t been the uncontested Pharah, Dep likely would’ve killed Tracer with Brig.

The real takeaway here is that Dep should be picked up for OWL Season 2, since he turns 18 this Dec.

Everyone has played at least once now so the table is now worth watching.

Country P W L MD
2 2 0 +6
1 1 0 +4
1 1 0 +4
1 0 1 -2
1 0 1 -4
2 0 2 -8

I only saw Volskaya attack and Rialto but heres what I saw
Kenmo looks like a weakness for Japan
Samuraid help his own to be honest
Sabagod looks bad, his positioning was iffy at best.
Forget who the main support was for Japan but he looked iffy as He wasn’t helping Sabagod enough
Taiyo looked pretty good honestly granted I have bias for him
Dep was inconsistent, didn’t see him pop off but apparently he was.

Ta1yo was consistent.
Dep seemed out of his element playing Brigitte. His Zarya and Widow play were good.

1 Like

You’re spot-on for those maps. Oasis was a showcase for Dep, who put up a performance worthy of Carpe, Pine, Birdring, or Sayaplayer. His McCree was also pretty solid. I wish he’d picked Tracer more and had stayed off Brig; what little he showed was good. Oh, and his Zarya was good.

1 Like

Shadowburn slamming publords.

So far for the East Asian teams not S.Korea, Dep; ShaiuLin, Samuraid and Ta1yo look good but if I was looking to recruit for OWL, I would have my eyes on Dep for JP market (get some JP fans) although Ta1yo also has looks and charisma plus he is mixed American Japanese, I think based on his accent and surname.

ShaiuLin from Taiwan looks solid if they need some appeal for the TW fan base for the Shanghai and Guangzhou teams.