[Workshop Resource] Map Identifier - Map Detection Script UPDATED

Copy the text he wrote in the box and click the “paste rule” button in the workshop

Now it’s broken on the Numbani (id 11 instead of 18) and Rialto (id -1) maps ><

Just noticed it wasn’t OP who did the fix, so might wanna wait :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything’s fixed, although you might have to edit some of your map check values. Sorry for the… slight delay :confused:

Thanks, Blizzard, for the mocking "2 MONTHS LATER" before my comment lol
1 Like

Hello Xerxes
i enjoy ur work so much

recently Event map have been released (ex.Kings row Winter)
and the value is -1
Do u have solution ?

I have a 10x simple code to detect map id:

Roud To Integer(X Component Of(Nearest Walkable Position(Vector(1000, 0, -1000))), Up);

Worked 100% for me, all the time. If you need more precision, Sum: X + Y + Z at this value.

Hey, I’ve heard that the map editor isn’t working properly anymore, but I’ve been a little busy recently so I haven’t been able to get around to it.

After the latest PTR update though, I don’t think I’ll be updating it anymore since there are now built-in ways to detect the map.

Thanks for using it though, I hope it was useful to a lot of people! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very useful tool, ty for creating this when there wasn’t a built-in option
(it still works, but King’s row Winter appears to be different from the original map, unlike the other seasonal maps)

1 Like

I dont get it lol where do i change which map i want to use?

You can use the value “map” by now.

this post is 1 year old btw.

yeah but i played a Bastion escape mode of the Map Paris where this system is used to change the map so i dont want to play the Map on Paris i want to play it on like eichenwalde and i dont know how i can switch it there

(i found out)