[Workshop Mode] Loot Quest - PvE RPG w Save Codes [v7.5.1.8]

Cool thanks! Keep up the good work

1 Like

Its normal if enemies not spawn when the game start ?

They should spawn near players that have left the spawn room. The maximum number of enemies that can be up at the same time is equal to the number of players who are outside of the spawn room. (Make sure you add the AI to team 1 before you start the game. When players perform some of the most complex actions such as equipping an item or displaying a save code, enemy respawn and despawn events are disabled for a few seconds to reduce server load.)

I waited 20 minutes outside and no enemies spawn :confused:

Did you put bastion bots in team 1 by any chance? That could be one reason why they don’t spawn (Bastion is disabled for the AI team due to his damage received cap in sentry and tank configuration). If not, make sure you add the bots to team 1 before you start the match.

(If you increased the number of players in team 2 to 6 that will also break respawn in the current version when 6 bots have spawned at the same time.)

i have just enter the code and start the game

See the section “Setup - Lobby” in the post at the top which describes how you need to set up the game before starting :slight_smile:

Is the website already up or do you even still work on it? :smiley: would like to see it too :stuck_out_tongue:

Great mode, was surprised what can be done in a workshop. I am thinking about compiling “quick start” or “cheat sheet” so when new players connect I don’t have to explain everything again :smile:.

So far only level 14 (no purple/red item yet :cry:), but we did encounter a bug with bosses on Dorado not dropping anything (two times in a row). I thought they are guaranteed to drop an item?

Bosses normally should always drop an equippable item for anyone who contributed in any way (the distance to the boss at moment of death does not matter). However, if a player has 3 drops on the ground already, no item or money can drop for them until one of the three drops disappears or is picked up (they disappear after 90 seconds if not picked up).

In a previous version, new drops would always replace the oldest drop on the ground if three drops were on the ground already, but this unfortunately seemed to increase the risk of crashes so I had to remove it again (quite a few additional actions had to be run, more effects needed to be created and destroyed in the same amount of time, more item stats had to be rolled).

Edit: I’ve made a small change to the loot rules in a new test version: when 3 drops are on the ground already, a new drop will replace the worst quality drop on the ground if the new drop is of equal or better quality. If multiple items on the ground are of the currently worst quality, then the one with the least time remaining will be replaced first.

Share Code (v3.3.4): FZ2DH (might crash more often; hasn’t been tested for crashes in full game yet)

1 Like

Hi! I love this gamemode.

How can I tell if my item has a special ability?

You’ll see a visual effect once every 2 seconds when you hit an enemy if your item has a special ability. Except for the teleport ability (you can just use “hello” to see if you got that one :)).

Bonus Damage > purple explosion
Burning > enemies get the burning effect
Life Leech > red explosion
Extra Ult Charge > blue explosion
Root > green explosion at enemies’ feet

The purely cosmetic visual effect that items of purple or better quality may have appears on your position once every 2 seconds when you deal damage to an enemy or heal a team member.

1 Like

Hey grear game mode sorry if i missed it along the line or is i bad to ask but is there any way to increase drop rates

There is no easy way to change the drop rates. You’d have to change the corresponding values in the script.

can you help me how to do that which values i can or where to find them or maybe money multiplier woulld be fine

You can find the full documentation in the first post of this thread if you click on GLOBAL VARIABLES and PLAYER VARIABLES under 11. Detailed Info / Formulae. The info is a tiny bit outdated, but all the variables you’ll need to change the drop rates or the amount of money dropped by enemies are still the same.

I’m not going to explain in detail how to change drop rates here since I believe it could ruin the fun for some players.

So, to that picture quick start guide I was writing about - here is a beta version:

http://monnef.eu/LootQuestGuide/

It took way longer that I expected :smile:. I am still waiting for my first red item drop (lvl 24), that’s why in the guide is a placeholder image. I hope at least few people will find the guide helpful :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

thank you for your help

Got a first red drop (at level 27, is this normal?), so I have updated the picture in the guide (plus some minor improvements). :tada:

Is it possible to play with other enemies, or will it break something (e.g. balance, ai, spawning problems)?

Lastly, I have to thank you for this awesome mode. If it weren’t for it, I would most probably not play Overwatch anymore. :smile:

Thanks for making this great picture guide :slight_smile: That would have saved me a ton of typing a few months/weeks ago ^^

The chance to get a red item from a regular enemy is about 1/8333 at level 1 and it increases with every level until it is around 1/2185 at level 50.

For leaders, the chance to drop a red item is around 1/2057 at level 1 and 1/539 at level 50.

For bosses, the chance is around 1/256 at level 1 and 1/67 at level 50.

When crafting, the chance to get a red item is around 1/125 at level 1 and 1/33 at level 50.

If I remember correctly, it should be possible to use any of the other heroes for the AI team, as long as you add them before the game starts, with the exception of Bastion who is disabled in the default script because of a problem with the damage received value not scaling properly in tank and sentry mode (the same problem occurs when an Ana AI uses Nanoboost on another hero; see known issues at the end of the opening post for details :slight_smile: ).

1 Like