[Workshop Mode] Loot Quest - PvE RPG w Save Codes [v7.5.1.8]

Ah ok so I wasn’t crazy XD. Thanks for the quick reply

Hey is there a discord server dedicated to your workshop content? :0

Nope, sorry. I post all workshop modes here on the forums first, then (usually a bit later) some of them on workshop.elohell.gg (currently down), and the largest modes will also be posted on workshop.codes.

Just found another bug. A player with a default tracer is taking way less damage than me. Pretty sure its supposed to be the other way around?

I did some testing with different levels and bonus values from items, but I couldn’t reproduce the issue you describe, got all the damage receiced values as expected:

Character Damage received value on non heroic Eichenwalde/Anubis
New character - lv 1 + 0 points from item 32.73/77.35
Actual loaded savegame - lv 13 + 9 points from item 26.95/63.7
Test 1 - lv 25 + 20 points from item 20.63/48.75
Test 2 - lv 51 + 20 points from item 13.75/32.50
Test 3 - lv 51 + 50 points from item 5.50/13.00
Test 4 - lv 99 + 50 points from item 5.50/13.00

Were you playing Bastion by any chance? There was an issue in the past with his damage received value sometimes resetting in either sentry mode or during the ult (which is why I removed him from the AI team; Bastion bosses were easier to kill than regular enemies due to this bug). I never noticed this being a problem in the player team, but if that’s what it is I will try to fix it for the player team.

Edit: It appears that Bastion’s damage reduction from the Ironclad passive simply overwrites any custom damage received setting set by an action in the workshop (so that’s in sentry and tank configuration). I could imagine that other damage reduction effects such as Ana’s Nano boost have the same problem (I haven’t tested that though).

Edit 2: I did some testing now with damage received values, and as suspected, there appears to be a problem with Bastion’s damage received value in Sentry and Tank configuration. It seems to be capped at 40% and cannot get any lower except when Bastion is nano-boosted.

Additionally, the minimum final damage received value during nano-boost for all heroes appears to be 25% (12.5% with armor).

Lúcio Primary Fire Damage On Target Recon - No Armor Recon - Armor Sentry/Tank - No Armor Sentry/Tank - Armor
100% damage received 20 17 16 13
100% damage received + NANO 10 7 10 7
77.35% damage received (lv1, item value 0, Anubis) 15.47 12.47 12.38 9.38
77.35% damage taken (lv1, item value 0, Anubis) + NANO 7.74 4.74 7.74 4.74
32.73% damage received (lv1, item value 0, Eichenwalde) 6.55 3.55 8 5
32.73% damage received (lv1, item value 0, Eichenwalde) + NANO 5 2.5 5 2.5
29.25% damage received (lv51, item value 25, Anubis) 5.85 2.93 8 5
29.25% damage received (lv51, item value 25, Anubis) + NANO 5 2.5 5 2.5
12.38% damage received (lv51, item value 25, Eichenwalde) 2.48 1.24 8 5
12.38% damage received (lv51, item value 25, Eichenwalde) + NANO 5 2.5 5 2.5

General Info on Damage Received Values

• Shields take the same amount of damage as regular health. I tested this with McCree and Zenyatta who took the same amount of damage as Bastion in Recon configuration without armor (which is why I’m not listing these values separately here).

• Damage received values set per team and per hero in custom game settings do NOT stack with each other. If you define a value per hero it replaces the one defined per team in general hero settings!

• The damage received value defined in custom game settings is multiplied with the damage received value set by script actions and the product is multiplied again with the multiplier from buff effects such as Nano boost or Bastion’s Ironclad passive.

• -3 absolute damage reduction from armor is always added last.

• The damage received multiplier of Ironclad (Sentry/Tank configuration) is 0.8.

• The damage received multiplier of Nano boost is 0.5, and it replaces the 0.8 from Sentry/Tank configuration when Bastion is nano-boosted.

Formula I found for final damage received:

Final damage received = ( default damage dealt by source * damage received multiplier from custom game settings * damage received multiplier set by script actions * damage received multiplier from buff ) - damage reduction from armor

Bosses in Loot Quest often have damage received values of 5% or less which led to Bastion bosses dying far too quickly in Sentry/Tank configuration with their actual final damage received value capped at a minimum of 40%. That’s the reason why Bastion was removed from the AI team.

For players, in Loot Quest, the 40% cap isn’t as problematic as it is for the AI team, but Bastion players can still take up to about three to four times as much damage as they should in Sentry and Tank configuration (in theory up to around seven times as much, but that would only be the case for a level 50+ player with perfect gear on the lv1-12 Eichenwalde map).

There is always the possibility that the lobby I was on wasn’t using the latest code with the damage fix. If it helps, I was using Zenyatta on Rialto.

So just wanted to give my input on the new script you mentioned that needed to be tested (for combining all maps into one script), and about 1/3 of the games I play I get an error stating, “The server closed due to excessive script load.” This has occurred more frequently since the v3.3 update. Should I just go back to using v3.2 map codes to avoid this?

Personally never looked at the script, but judging by the comments I believe it is ridiculously long, and can be hard to come up with solutions to fix an issue like this. Just thought to give a comment toward this issue, since leveling becomes a hassle if the game ends 20 or so minutes early without a save.

Thanks for the feedback.

The script is actually not very long with only 35 rules, but some of the rules are quite complex. In the games I played with v3.3 I’ve only seen a few crashes, mostly in games that were running for about 40 minutes already so any details you could give me about the games you played that crashed might help me identify the main issues.

In particular:
Did you by any chance play a modified version of the script or did you get the code directly from this thread here, from elohell.gg, or from workshop.codes?
Were there a lot of different players that joined and left the game during the match?
Were there several (3+) players with high rank items?
Did a lot of high rank items drop in the game or did you kill a lot of bosses?
Did players get a lot of save codes (use the green spawn room station a lot)?
Did you by any chance make any changes to the script while the game was running (this has caused crashes for me before; I just realized you said you never looked at the script so I guess that is probably not the case >< )?
Was there any map in particular that crashed earlier/more often?

The single-map scripts of version 3.2 should still be good to use, they are just missing some minor features such as the burning effect when only 2 minutes remain on all maps past Eichenwalde, or getting XP/loot from only healing, and they display some strings as Big Messages which are Small Messages in v3.3. There’s also a minor bug that hasn’t been fixed in 3.2 which allows players to pick up loot even when they are dead. Otherwise, the 3.2 maps should be fine :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding so quickly! Yes and no to those scenarios you mentioned that had happened. So not every game didn’t experience the same results, however I’ll re-list each category that resonates with the issue and respond with anything extra that makes it an half true/false answer:

I get all codes directly from the information provided by you through this thread.
Lot of different players often yes, but not consistently the problem for the problem occurs with players that choose not to leave.
High level items: Depends on what you call high? Most games I’ve experienced the issue the people are using less than rare quality, however doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened in a group with no less than epic tier quality items.
Green spawn: Perhaps? Can’t say because I tend not to track people when fighting enemies. Though for the most part I would say they were not using the green spawn room, since eliminating the enemies fast enough tends to be more loot chances, thus why go back to save unless something good drops?
Like you said didn’t look at it. ONLY thing I touched in the game settings was turning on all maps + the game to load the next map at the end of the match (Since many groups lately have been hosting lobbies that feature all maps automatically).
There is one thing that may be causing it though I do not know for sure it is the case. Other than eliminating bosses, I and others have found that booping enemies off the ledge is very efficient. Not only because of it making life easier, but also loot from enemies (other than bosses) still give you drop chances. Seeing that you are now killing enemies much faster than normal, could that be the cause of the crashing (The overload of mass amounts of loot/enemies eliminated)?

I figured the little features added or the healers wouldn’t take place since older versions do not benefit from newer updates, though since I haven’t found that healer that can only do one thing, cough -Mercy- cough, I do not believe that’ll be a problem. Just will have to inform players of the old rules and the nonexistence of the convenient new patch :upside_down_face:

Thanks a lot for your reply :slight_smile:

The moments when enemies die and the subsequent XP and loot events certainly lead to server load peaks. I could try to lessen them by adding a different wait time until loot is created for each player (which is something I already had in the script, at some point, but then I removed it during the “embrace the crash” phase). It might also make the situation worse though and probably will require a lot of testing. So, not sure if I’m going to try that again.

I’ve released a new version 3.3.1 of Loot Quest, however, with tiny potential improvements to performance. Not sure if they will make any difference, but still. Anyway, thanks again for all the info :slight_smile:

Well if you decide to go through with it I’m down to test it. Not that you want to do it but I’m sure there are others like myself that are willing to test this game mode.

I’ll try v3.3.1 out and see how the performance holds up. Thanks for reading and responding to my feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

Hold that thought, just thought of something. Is it possible to set a new rule to make it where players over a certain level cannot benefit from booping enemies off a ledge for speed farms? I know people are already lining up to murder me of the suggestion, even I want to murder myself for suggesting it. Still if a rule like that were in place it would give the advantage to low lvled (just starting out) players while players with more experience have to eliminate enemies without booping (much like how one cannot boop the boss off the ledge and expect loot).
Or just make elimination via booping less of a drop chance? I do not know the limitations of this so my ideas are probably not possible. Still suggestions or ideas can generate other ideas.

It’s possible, but would almost certainly have a negative impact on the server load. Right now, the game only checks in two global rules if the boss has fallen too far when there is a boss (two rules because the altitude needs to be calculated differently on the map Eichenwalde). To check the same thing for regular enemies would require two new ongoing - each player rules for team 1. Also, the boss always gets teleported to the center of the hunting zone he spawned in. It would probably look a bit weird and could also potentially be exploited when all enemies that fall off a cliff appear at the exact same spot (of course they could also be teleported back to their spawn location, but that would require an additional vector to be saved in their player variables which might again increase the server load). So I’d rather not try that at the moment, sorry ><

Edit: I know of no easy way to check if an enemy died from fall damage, unfortunately.

I didn’t expect it to be an easy fix so I am completely aware that its not something to tackle. Besides we still gotta test 3.3.1 before anything anyway. Still was great talking about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, About to test 3.3.2, but before I do, I would at least like to give feedback on 3.3.1. Even though it was only up for a day, I did notice that the overloaded script crash didn’t occur till about 2-3 mins left in the game, so the changes did help.

Now I get to see how much people are going to love me for your new pit rule. Though I thought you said the loot wait time system was too much of a hassle to tackle at the moment? Nothing wrong with taking it slow. Since each variable needs to be tested, wouldn’t it be better to see what works individually vs group them up? Either way, I’ll enjoy testing it now :slight_smile:

Hey there, Just curious if you might have found a solution to the editing the saves issue? I have come across someone who I guess edited he save is a way to where his rank 2 is over 5k equipment rating, which is obviously a cheat. Just curious if there is anything in means of prevention of something as ridiculous as this?

I can’t think of any way to control what people can do in a workshop mode. As long as everyone can open and change the script, then everyone is free to do what they like with it :slight_smile: It is in theory possible to get an item that has over 5k item power by playing the game mode normally, but that wouldn’t be a rank 2 item :slight_smile:

I recommend playing just with friends if random players ruin the fun for you. If someone gets really annoying and is really just there to troll/harass people, I recommend just removing them from the game and setting the lobby to “Friends Only” for a while so that person can’t rejoin. Luckily, that seems to be pretty rare in custom game modes from my experience (I only ever had to do that once in all the games I hosted).

Posible BUG or I am just dumb and could not find it. But is there a different key that allows abilities that require interact key to use their abilities. I.E Sym portal or sombra translocator. Because I don’t enjoy going through my sym portal and then selling the item in my inventory

No, unfortunately, that is the only key bound to the action of selling the item in your inventory.

The following inputs can be checked in a workshop script (default keys on PC in brackets):

• Primary Fire (Left-click)
  • Secondary Fire (Right-click)
  • Ability 1 (Shift)
  • Ability 2 (E)
  • Ultimate Ability (Q)
  • Jump (Space Bar)
  • Interact (F)
  • Crouch (Ctrl)

On top of that you can check if a player is communicating:

• any emote
  • a specific emote (up, left, right, down)
  • any voice line
  • a specific voice line (up, left, right, down)
  • Ultimate status
  • Hello
  • Need healing
  • Group up
  • Acknowledge

The is communicating conditions won’t work when a player targets another player and once one of these conditions has been triggered, no other is communicating condition can be triggered for about 10 seconds.

I tried to use these commands as little as possible since they can feel unresponsive and I completely avoided emotes and voice lines since I imagined most players won’t very likely have 4 of each quipped on every single character (and as far as I know it’s not possible to assign them during a match and that can only be done in the hero gallery; but I might be wrong there).

I quickly made an alternative version of Loot Quest 3.3.3 though where Emote up and Voice line up will sell an item instead of Interact: Share Code: YZ323

Hopefully, that will help with the characters that have abilities bound to the Interact key :slight_smile:

Looooove this mode!

May I ask if Sigma is available yet?

Also, can I use a save from the original interact code into the alternate interact code?

Sigma is available in Loot Quest and can drop or be obtained from crafting just like any other hero. I actually didn’t have to change anything in the script when he was released, he just started dropping :slight_smile:

The alternate version I posted a few hours ago is identical to the regular version 3.3.3 except that you sell items with either Emote up or Voice line up instead of Interact.