[Workshop Mode] Loot Quest - PvE RPG w Save Codes [v7.5.1.8]

Hm, weird, I don’t see it :confused:

Edit: Are you on PC EU by any chance? I can open a public custom game that you can join if you want.

Edit2: I’d rather not explain in detail here how to change the drop rates since it might make the game mode less fun for some players, but I can post a list of player and global variables so anyone who wants to modify the game mode will hopefully find the script a bit easier to read.

Edit 3: I’ve posted the global and player variables now. It’s possible there are some things I forgot to update since large parts of the scripts were rewritten so many times.

Edit 4: My status is online, but I don’t see any requests, sorry. I also get this message: Failed to send invite. You already have a pending invitation to this player. I’ve also checked on my block list in the blizzard app, your name is not listed there so I haven’t blocked you as far as I can tell. My friend list also should be far from full.

No, I’m in PC SA unfortunately, it says here I can’t add you because I already sent a solicitation

That would be nice, I’m trying, but I can’t understand most of the things here xD
Edit 1: You can add me in discord too, I think there is better to talk. Fowxie#8619

Hi I’m TheSkyMaster’s girlfriend, so since he can’t I’ll sent you a friend request and I would appreciate if you accept it. Thank u! (love ur mode btw)

Hi, I was playing your game and a character dropped a big (bigger than average) blue orb. When i opened it, it was a rank 5 Moira. Is this a glitch or did i unlock something new?

Its a bug that happens sometimes when spawning effects. It will use the default values, which is a blue sphere with a radius of 1.

BTW, I love the gamemode. Big props to you. I can’t imagine how much work you put into this.
Have you ever thought of maybe trying to put all maps in the same code and it would change the stats depending on the map that was chosen? I know that the workshop doesn’t allow us to detect maps but it’s still possible. I made a map detector in the elo hell workshop website and someone else made one too and posted it in the forums.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you :slight_smile:

As I mentioned in a post above, I considered adding all maps to the same script but decided against it in the end out of concern that it might increase the risk of crashes or push the script over the script size limit again. There are at least 16 values that are different for each map and almost all of them are vectors. On top of that, the map’s altitude at which a boss will be teleported back to its original position is calculated in a different way for Eichenwalde, compared to all other maps. The final map also has different spawn rates for leaders in higher level areas. The “Damage Received” value in the settings for the human players team is also different on each map, so I would have to add an action for that as well. And lastly, there is the problem of 2 different Eichenwalde maps, but I guess that could just be changed as soon as someone loads a level 50 or higher character.

I might give it a try, now that I’ve completed all the maps, but not sure if it’ll work with at least 272 additional actions and at least 3 more rules.

Yeah I noticed how complicated the script already is. I was surprised there were so few rules for that big of a project before I noticed all the “skip if” actions lol. If you wish for more people to help you on the project, I gladly volunteer even just for optimization stuff. DrBibop#7000 if you wanna add me on Discord.

Through some kind of miracle, the script size limit wasn’t exceeded when I combined all the map data in one script.

(I’ve done some testing and I could only use the action set global variable A at index 0 to vector (11.11/22.22/33.33) 1332 times before the the script size limit was reached in a test script; and the action that displays a save code in Loot Quest alone consumes about 3.4% of the allowed maximum script size :slight_smile: so I’m really glad and suprised that it worked).

The new combined script needs to be tested for stability now.

Edit: I hope it’s ok that I used your map detector script? I gave you credit in the script and the ingame description.

1 Like

Not in a rush for this to happen now. Is sigma added as a drop atm or is that happening down the road? (Game has been my go to now. it’s fun. Keep it up :D)

Sigma can be obtained just like any other hero now, from drops or crafting :slight_smile:

sweeeet! appreciate it!

Woah that was quick! I’ve never expected someone to credit me for this lol. I just gave the tool for everybody to use as much as they want. I’m gonna try this new version out.

1 Like

I recently joined a lobby on Eichenwalde with the highest player at lvl 20 and the enemies seem to hurt a lot, well… more than they should for a lvl 1 map. Idk if its me or the heroic version was falsely activated.

Was it near the spawn room where you start or near the end of the map? The recommended level for the enemies at the very end would be lv 12.

I was close to spawn and I was dying quite a few times as a lvl 12 Rank 2 Zen.

just to make things a bit clearer, i used the code that was 3.3 to choose the maps

I’ve seen 2 Sigma players since he came out. He can 100% be dropped.

yeh i got him already. same sigma you saw b4 you left :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing this out. It turns out, I made a pretty big mistake in the Set Damage Received actions for team 2, which led to the damage received of team 2 being always at 100% (it’s supposed to start at around 32.725% on Eichenwalde with the default Tracer).

And I was thinking all the time to myself while playtesting today: this feels harder than before, but must be just me. Can’t believe I played with this bug for like 3+ hours now ^^ Thanks again for pointing this out :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve updated the share code at top with the corrected version.

2 Likes