[Workshop Mode] Loot Quest - PvE RPG w Save Codes [v7.5.1.8]

That’s a very interesting idea. It could be possible to add a simple loot system to WoO, but there would also be a high risk that it would make the game mode less stable (server crashes). Like Loot Quest, World of Overwatch had problems with server crashes for a long time and was very close to the script size limit. An inventory would probably be too much already (World of Overwatch has 10 abilities if I remember correctly; 10 additional entries in a player variable array would very likely be too much already). Something like making ability levels obtainable as loot could be possible.

Adding any element from World of Overwatch to Loot Quest is something I have given up on a while ago (I wanted to add special abilities for bosses and leaders at some point). It would simply be too much for the server to handle.

bruh, why not post this on OWCGS like everyone else who makes gamesmodes

Ignore me then, lol. BTW, are you latch? lmao, someone came into my stream saying they made the gamemode.

Yeah about those scripts, i was curious about the passcode script, lmao dude how the hell did you even get the workshop to not crash on you? when i opened it up it just crashed the entire server

Good thing I can save my progress; I wouldn’t want to lose my level 1337 character. :wink:

I have been in a few games where people dont notice the time warning when the game is ending & they dont get to save, I dont know if it to much on the server but could you make it all players are set on fire & take no dammage in the last 2 mins. as a sort of “alarm” so people know to save?

I try to add that once I’m done making all the maps.

Edit: I’ve added a burning effect now as warning for all players who haven’t saved in the minute before the 2 minute warning timer appears, on the first map (see updated code at the top).

1 Like

monkaS i just got an exotic (red orb) widowmaker and the save code isn’t loading, i have a screenshot, i’m 100% putting it in correctly. does it generate in a way that you can understand what it means and see whats wrong with my save? or is it just random jumbo garbage to you lol.

imgur .com/jl49Axn.png here’s the code, ill just post it here since it doesn’t work. i only use the workshop share codes from your post here so it wasn’t a different version

i actually spent an hour figuring out how arrays and indexes work and cheated another one in for myself LOL

Hey Delwion! I’ve loved watching this mod grow and evolve and I wanted to create a website to host all the info on it. It’s not quite finished but I’d love to share it with you to see what you think and if you’d like to use something like this.

However, I can’t post links on the forums currently so let me know the best way to get in touch. :smiley:

3 Likes

That sounds great! I’ve sent you a friend request ingame.

nice. but i dont have hud (im playing this first time)

Yes, sorry. The HUD is so minimalistic to keep the risk of server crashes as low as possible.

Really nice mode, i’ve enjoyed playing it a lot!
One question though:
Will we lose our saved characters every time the mode is updated? If so, how frequently will it be updated? Or will you just not update it at all?
I need to know because i don’t have the will to farm my way to what i have again, lol.
Anyways, thanks for making the mode :slight_smile:

…You serious dude?

You could’ve asked about it instead of accused me of that, especially since I said I cheated in a replacement, it’s obvious i know how.

yeah, take a look what game that was for. Not overwatch. And “trolling” in that context basically means destroying kids, I wasn’t actually trolling.

K dude. If you want to reconsider actually discuss the issue, let me know.

Glad you enjoy playing it :slight_smile:

In previous updates, I had to make old codes invalid twice: Once because of an error in the save system (which was fixed in v1.3) and once again in v3.2 since the game was completely rebalanced with item scaling for that version.

Now that all the maps have been released and the game balanced for long-term progress, I’ll make sure that codes will stay valid for any future possible updates.

2 Likes

YESSS THANK YOU! :grin:

Hey, been playing this mode a lot and I loved it! Me and my friend got pretty high (lvl 30 or close) and we’re wanting to actually mess with it a little, where can I change the drop rate? I’ve been trying to change it for some days and I can’t find it in the rules, would like if you can help :slight_smile:

Sent you a friend request ingame, can explain it there :slight_smile:

I sent you one before xD, it’s saying you need to accept me