Workshop Ideas for more custom games

With the most recent addition of the workshop maps (island, chamber, expanse) it would seem that a next step could be introducing access to in game assets (buildings, interior/exteriors, the misc junk on the roads and floors, and etc. prefabs) to create custom style maps and worlds for custom game modes and current game modes. Another possible option would be a development of a separate application specifically for workshop creations. Something small, allowing creative access to creators making custom game modes and maps, possibly similar to building worlds in Unity using 3D prefabs. Personally, if I had the knowledge and experience in coding to work on something like this, I absolutely would.
That being said, as a game art and design student, I would love the ability to play around with the in game assets for creating maps and pieces of the world for a mix of game modes official and custom.
The only other thing I can think of that I would love from Workshop is access to characters old abilities, or adjusted versions of them. Such as a Symmetra with her teleporter/ shield ultimate, teammate shielding/armor, or the projectile shield she previously had, but her primary fire remaining how it is without lock on. Or Mercy with her original ultimate, or even her current ult, how it was in its original release. Even Hanzo with scatter arrow again.

I’m sure most of what’s in here has been said before, but I wanted to compile some of what I’d like to see into one spot.

Check this thread there are similar Requests made and sometimes visited by the Devs of the Workshop Project. Link : [WIKI-THREAD] Workshop suggestions 2! - #157 by RoyalSushi-1402

1 Like

What do we want? Lucio Ball! When do we want it? Not once a year! When Anniversary comes along we have just a couple chances to play Lucio Ball. Then a couple months or so roll by, normal and competitive Lucio Ball is available. The reason why having Lucio Ball available at most times even in arcade mode or even as a custom game through workshop would be so beneficial is because I know without a doubt that its the best game mode. I have never had to wait more than a couple seconds to find a full game. Maybe a minute to find a Comp game and that’s because I was GM-Top 500. My friends and I even bought Rocket League to simply simulate the qualities that Lucio Ball has. What would need to be added to have this work in the Workshop?

1 Like