Won 7 matches lost 3 and in plat

I won 7 matches for placement and got put in plat even though ive been doing so well

So what are you trying to say?

1 Like

Give the player at least diamond because 7/10 games were won. Do the math and its deserved 5000/10= 500 sr per win x7 means 3000 sr.

I’ve lost 9 out of 10 last season and placed 200 SR higher.

Why am I telling you this? Idk.

I dunno either. I just finished my placements. Only gained 16 SR. 6 wins and 4 losses.

BTW win/losses don’t mean very much especially if you already had a rank in a previous season. Your rank is mainly based off of how well you play/ your rank from last season. if you were plat last season, then thats why you placed plat this season. Why blizz haven’t done an MMR reset for 11/12 seasons? Good question, they still haven’t given a valid answer to that.

2 Likes

Man, I’m sorry… that’s disheartening

1 Like

Good for you? At least your placements were in your favor.

For accounts that have played competitive previously, your rank depends mainly on your previous season end, plus some motion depending on you do in placements. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12) → Season transitions.

(12) Full Overwatch Dev Talk w/ Scott Mercer - YouTube

If you were anything lower than 2850 last season, I doubt you would place anything higher than plat unless you had a near perfect run. If this was your first comp season then congrats, you’re already better than half the players at the game.

1 Like

Full Overwatch Dev Talk w/ Scott Mercer - YouTube 2

People have been well aware of this since season 2 and it is a very small sacrifice to make having 2 weeks to a month of not as good games to redistribute the mmr bell curve as it should be in the ranked ladder. Stagnation of rank is a huge problem and could be fixed with a small sacrifice from players but blizzard are too busy pussyfooting around to really acknowledge that trends change after a certain amount of time.

That’s 4 net wins. That’s like +100 sr. Why do you deserve diamond?

What were you last time?

I’ve been playing since launch, still in plat. And I fall to low plat at the end of each season.

I won all 10 and still got placed in plat

Every new seasons, there is always these posts.

Looks like S12 started.

What rank were you last season? That’s what placements are based off of I believe. The number of games you win and lose in placements doesn’t give you an entirely new rank so much as tweak your last season’s rank (e.g. on another account I was high Plat in S10, went something like 8-2, and ended up placing in low Diamond).

ı won 9 match but game gave me 1151 sr what is this ? why little point?