With 5v5, we NEED an Overwatch Classic

Making such a huge fundamental change to the way PvP is played will alienate a lot of players that enjoy the current Overwatch. Though I’m personally optimistic about 5v5, I feel bad for the players (particularly tanks) that don’t like the concept of solo tanking.

But don’t just stop at a 6v6 mode. This is also an opportunity to readd old versions of heroes. Such as mass rez mercy, shield gen sym etc. It sounds like a lot of heroes will be reworked to some degree in OW2, so there would be a lot more things to readd to this game mode.

3 Likes

Even if it happens it will end up like classics and no limits since the balance won’t resolve around it anymore and it just won’t be played seriously.

1 Like

For pvp? Mass rez will never return.

i honestly believe a big reason behind the change was to make an overwatch classic more appetizing to consumers

Indeed I have been asking for this

If you want this then support the thread

Symmetra didn’t have her shield generator till her second rework though.

as someone who wasn’t playing the game when those versions of the heroes were a thing, I would love this. Always wanted to try those versions (plus, I can finally play widowmaker with 200hp once again, I cannot tell you how much I miss the 25hp)

The coding, oh god the coding!!

2 Likes

But it’s still an old version of the hero. Besides, 2.0 Sym is essentially her original kit but improved on. The only major change is the removal of the photon shields ability. But she gets the ability back 3x stronger on shield gen…

They’re far more likely to leave 6v6 in the last state it was in before OW2. Adding back old features takes time the devs aren’t gonna spend.