Winston/Tracer leader of overatch

dont get me wrong but i believe these two are not fit to be the leader of overwatch. if i had my say i would put Pharah in command of everything

she seems like she is the ultimate PARAGON for an organization like overwatch. in my opinion i would put my full trust in a character/personality that is Pharah

she seems like the ultimate/future leader imo. she is a queen

2 Likes

Wait, is Tracer a leader? In the Uprising archive mission she’s clearly like, last in command.

Soldier is more the leader, really. Alongside Winston.

2 Likes

it is still vague but it seems like winston is the glue holding everything together. sine overwatch was disbanded and having winston believing that it would all come together again

my opinion is if structured i believe that pharah has the commanding qualities and more of paragon leader then most… just my opinion not based on facts lol… the way she looks tho its like she has commanding presence and someone to be followed

just my opinion take it with a grain of salt

1 Like

Has Pharah joined up? As far as I am aware, Overwatch 2.0 currently consists of Winston, Tracer, Genji, Mei, Reinhardt, Brigitte, Echo and presumably both McCree and Hanzo. Jack and Ana are on the lam. Torbjorn is still bitterly alienated. No word about anyone else. I assume that Fareeha would have to actually join before they promote her to leader.

5 Likes

I thought Sojourn was the “Chief” who delegates missions as per Maximillian event and other bits and pieces of lore.

But I agree with the Pharah take. She’s the rightful “heir” in terms of battlefield shotcalling. She’s the product of OW through love and war.

4 Likes

if age makes a difference soldier 76, ana and reinhardt would have seniority since experience but after that its debatable

winston is just a lab experiment?

Well a “lab experiment” that’s actively pulling the group back together.

1 Like

Pharah isn’t even part of Overwatch, right? She’s a member of Helix.

3 Likes

Winston seems like a perfect leader. He took initiative in recalling Overwatch, he’s incredibly charismatic and makes moving speeches, and he has a clear goal and direction in mind for the team. What more do you want?

4 Likes

Tracer is definitely lower rank than Winston and Sojourn, who are running things. I think Winston makes sense as leader though.

Uprising was Tracer’s first field mission. Eventually she was qualified enough to lead the team in Storm Rising.

The behind-the-scenes panel showed off Pharah, Baptiste, Zarya, and D.Va fighting alongside Overwatch, so it’s likely they all join up at some point.

Sojourn was a high ranking officer but she deferred to Soldier, who was the leader of the original Overwatch. She coordinated the Storm Rising strike team via radio, but Tracer lead it.

Pharah is excellent militarily speaking, but she lacks the charisma of a leader imo. Mission Statement shows that she cares for her soldiers, but it’s not apparent given her cool demeanor.

Basically this.

1 Like

yea true maybe im talking out of my butt but if you wanted someone with zealous direction i would go with pharah just saying. winston does have the right goals in mind but for the future i think you need someone with zeal

oh maybe i missed this can you reference this or was it part of lore… comics etc?

1 Like

Winston may be charismatic and have a direction for the team, but he lacks experience as a leader. Sojourn is much more appropriate as the leader of New Overwatch.

1 Like

I guess that we’ll have to wait for Overwatch 2 in order to see for certain. But as of right now, no, she’s not on the team.

1 Like

Part of the Mission Statement comic. She’s aloof and rather focused, not what you need in a small, tight knit group.

Also, Winston commands a lot of respect and good feelings from the old timers in Overwatch. A new leader with zero connections will struggle in a small, tightly knit group.

2 Likes

this will be interesting if expanded upon lore. looking forward to that. we do need more lore elements to sate our appetites :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would say Sojourn should be the new Strike Commander and if (wink wink we totally didn’t see her alongside Overwatch at Blizzconline) Pharah joins (oh no the suspense!) I can see her becoming a captain some day, just like her mother. She’s one of the few with actual military leadership experience there, and she grew to value her team and be a better leader in her comic.

2 Likes

Ain’t nobody taking over while Jack is around. I really hope he stays as Commander Morrison.

We never actually got to see him doing leader stuff really

Jack is off doing his own thing with Ana. They’re not coming back to Overwatch.

Yes, let’s put the overtly insecure woman with mommy issues, who, years later, is still stuck in her rebellious teenage phase, in charge of the most sophisticated global defense coalition in history.

That’s some solid HR skills right there.