Winston is useless and desperately needs a buff

Funny how people argue that he shifted out of meta, but everyone moaned about Dva needing to be nerfed, or tracer, or genji, etc etc etc.

Double standard logic here if I have ever seen it.

Mod edit: Removed masked profanity. Please do not use profanity, on these forums, masked or otherwise, as doing so violates our Code of Conduct.

3 Likes

Well the thought process behind that is yes its true. What Moira cannot heal from is dps on shields. Bubble dancing is priority here as well as distracting the Moira and exhuasting her resources. So you have to fight at an angle and wait for the right moment.

Leave her panicking and distracted from healing and her value as a healer goes down.

He is not weak, some heroes just need nerf, you are not only one who feels under powered right now.

Dva has a 49% WR , Winston has a 46% WR. Winston is F tier with sombra. Dva is B-Tier.

?

??

*a hero isn’t meta for a month *

Forums: OMG HE IS SO BAD HE NEEDS A BUFF WHY ARE YOU RUINING MAH HERO BLIZZZARDDD :tired_face: :rage: :smirk:

1 Like

Bubble dancing can only get you so far. It’ll save you from Mcree or Soldier 1 on 1. Maybe somebody else. But if you’re going against two targets it’s useless. And Winston is designed to damage multiple targets.

From what I’ve noticed during dive meta, all characters except Winston had people crying nerf. I’m almost certain that the nerf to Tracer was made simply to appease the crowd, seeing as it was unexpected and nobody asked for it.
For the Deflect nerf I’m totally for it.
D.Va I have conflicting feelings about. I really don’t like how they brought her into a more DPS role rather than the damage absorbing tank that she was before, with that being said, I am for the nerfs to her damage but now she has mediocre damage AND tanking ability, which feels really bad to play IMO.

I think Jeff & Co’s style of balancing is to make heroes stronger one by one and see how it goes. They don’t really nerf all that much.

Then you’re not doing it right.

Beforr you engage you need to confirm that your team is going to come in afterwards. The most basic thing about Winston is knowing when to go in and knowing how to get out.

It takes a lot of gamesense knowing the flow of battle and keeping an eye on both enemy movement and your teammates’ movement. Which honestly if a Monkey is having issues jumping in on two people he needs to wait for a partner then jump in to provide ditmstraction and maximum dps.

A small buff could be a slight reduction of the cooldown of the Jump Pack based on a percentage on damage he’s inflicting.

Like 10 HP damage counts to 1-2% reduction to the cooldown of the ability. This would let him escape a bit easier.

1 Like

show me where the stats are

I don’t really use Winston as a normal tank. Since the very launch of the game Winston has been the best way to interfere with enemy hitscans, especially widows, if you don’t have any in your team. But now that he’s so weak, snipers gets free reign.

A poor widow sure. Her hook will cooldown twice before Winston is able to do enough damage to kill her though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay…but a good Winston will expect that and watch her movements. Knowing when to jump after her.

Boy if I could tell you all the times I faked a Widow who tried trick jumping me. You would be in stitches.

A typical Widow will not expect the jump at first so free damage from melee animation cancel and fry time which is half her health already. Expect the hook to come out. If she goes dowb below. Don’t chase and watch her movement. She may hook back up just to take back the high ground after you drop down to get her.

If she hooks to another ledge. Bubble on the same spot, shake your head at her, and wait for jump cooldown. Jump after her to secure the next half of her health.

Either way you put it she’s gonna fry. Just takes a good player to understand how his prey thinks.

Sorry for spam above post for you reply glitch.

Agreed

0^0 You’re kidding right. I mean I started at season 4 but have never seen an issue dealing with other snipers.

Like nothing has changed to them even with Hanzo’s rework. I’m still zapping away as usual per the norm and if Hanzo even has Storm Arrow he still need to sling those arrows into my face. Unlike the effect of Scatter arrow which instantly diminished all of my health so…its a minor buff because it lowers Hanzo’s time to kill against the giant ape.

And Widow…are you seriously having issues with a widow? Like she is prime prey for the monkey. Like prime target grade A meat just asking to be fried.

(Reply glitch had to repost.)

1 Like

Remember when Reinhardt mains were saying this?
Either way, it’s the snipers that are the problem. 8 second grapple allows Widowmaker to be anywhere. Hanzo’s Leap + wallclimb lets him just walk away from any fight.

1 Like

Welcome to the “can’t actually kill anything” club. There are like 10 heroes not invited.

Please, more healer buffs. Can’t wait for the day when people report for straying from 4 support meta.

If only because knew the massive different between off meta and unviable, cough MEL cough, then we might actually have a conversation in the middle :wink: