Winston and d.va, kit wise, are arguably the strongest they've ever been

It does, people DO use brig but only when the enemy runs flankers.

I do it a lot when I’m playing zen. When enemy runs genji, swap to brig to counter.
I think more people use brig than you think, because private profiles also.

Oh yeah there’s moira and bap also.

1 Like

Moira heals either don’t go through barriers, or can be matrixed.

With a full Dive, that would be useless.

Yeah, when I was a Cree main, I never ran into annoying heroes. Once I started one tricking Genji, all the Pharah and Mei came out of the woodwork. I don’t care what their pickrate is, I legit play against one or the other every other game. They want to stop the silver Genji at all costs.

Oh, yeah, Brig. They try at least, but, lul.

1 Like

I am not talking about full dive, remember? flankers in mid ranks…

So you’re making my point that Moira would effectively counter a lot of flankers in midtier ELOs.

That midtiers wouldn’t be that bad off. When it comes to the scary “Dive” that’s actually just literally one flanker.

Throw up a Torb Turret, and get a Winston, and a Moira and that’d be overkill countering against “midtier Dive”.

Restricting to one hero to counter is a bad idea.

I’ll tell you something; If they made brig have no anti dive, removed her “bodyguard” playstyle I’d never touch support again.

• Average support player

Boom there goes your q times.

Like said above, Brig having Sombra levels of usage in Plat and below really wouldn’t make a difference if it was less.

They arent talking about Brig mains, they are talking about counter picking. He believes that without her as a golden parachute, people wouldn’t even bother picking support.

1 Like

She’s used as a counterpick, and people are embarrassed about playing her, so private profiles. She’ll always have a lower pickrate in plat.

Which is bizarre considering brig usage in Plat and below is only a couple steps up above Bastion level usage.

Yes because bastions not played as a counterpick.
(Though he is often played as a last resort, he’s played more than people think even in mid ranks)

1 Like

Brig isn’t played much period, in Plat and below.

because you dont pick her for the entire course of the match… therefore her pickrate seems lower. also, private profiles as i said.

if you removed the option of counterpicking dive heroes by switching to brig i guarantee TONS of people would stop playing support…

1 Like

I think you’re vastly overestimating how mandatory Plat and below players think Brig usage is.

I’ve repeated this so many times…

• private profiles
  • people pick her as a COUNTERPICK therefore her pickrate is lower…

It was objectively a problem back in the day which is WHY we got Moira and Brig back to back, we were genuinely losing support players because they didn’t appreciate flankers decapitating them left and right.

1 Like

Lower than Symmetra?

Who is 1 hero out of 17, and not 1 hero out of 7?

EXACTLY!!
I was forced onto support so many times back then it was AWFUL!!

Now imagine a world with role lock, where people are FORCED to play support for the WHOLE match…

1 Like

As if people 4 years ago could envision how problematic GOATs and DoubleBarrier would be.

And be able to make an accurate assessment on what’s the best meta design for high tier.

Keeping in mind, this is what the meta was previous to Dive.

1 Like

It’s literally a Winston meta in korean servers.