Winston and d.va, kit wise, are arguably the strongest they've ever been

Eh, I thought we were talking about a hypothetical return to some form of dive. I don’t personally feel we are at a big risk for that unless they decide to nerf Rein substantially.

Which is fine, that’s what selfpeel is for.

But that’s entirely different from unmatrixable teammate-peel.

I mean I am, but for Masters/GM, not Plat and below.

1 Like

Nah. Antidive is a good thing. No strategy should be uncounterable. Also, rank does not matter in terms of effectiveness of a kit. Saying you can’t run dive below masters is insulting.

1 Like

I agree totally but its probably a bit tad too good rn (antidive)

For instance, this is what I had in mind:

Tons of self-sustain and mobility given to Brig.

She herself would do just fine against Flankers in midtier ELOs.

And you can be certain her midtier issue would Double or Triple from it’s current rate.

1 Like

That just looks so dang boring…

A frontlining brig who just exists… There’s no skill expression… Who would want to play that thing without a stun?

How about instead of gutting the heroes anti dive, we just… nerf her anti dive (not GUT…), and maybe give her 225hp?

I honestly would. Finally, I would be able to kill something…

Also, brig and bap arent the only ones causing double barrier.
we’ve had moira lucio doubler barrier (og), zen poke, and even a bit of mercy ana in the mix.

Well, they could certainly spruce up the character a bit. With things like that April fools buff, where chaining attacks cancels your cooldowns.

But to be honest, Brig usage rate would go up a lot in midtiers with these sorts of changes.

And when it comes down to it, anything, literally anything that gets in the way of fixing queue times, needs to get out of the way.

Any pretense about how important other things are versus, losing 5-20% of the playerbase due to bad queue times.

Is laughably unimportant.

It’s like worrying about your favorite phone color, for a new phone, versus rushing to the hospital because your arm just got chopped off on a tragic accident.

As if waiting to look at the phones longer is more important.

1 Like

Did you know brig supports dive as much as she denies it? Brig is possibly the best support for flankers (slightly worse now since the armor pack nerf). Also no, no one wants to play that kind of brig. You should never take away the stun.

Gutting a characters anti dive (which a lot of people love about her) and make dive a must pick and UNCOUNTERABLE is not the way to go…

Also:

So even IF you removed anti dive from these characters. You’d STILL have double barrier meta, they’d just be replaced with a moira, ana, lucio or whoever.

Also, what kind of tank buffs do you have in mind AFTER these changes?

Acting like we need to not fix queue times because a hero Plat and below barely even uses, is basically saying Brig is more important than preventing the game from literally dying.

No, that’s PART of the problem.
Another problem is that you’re making dive comp literally uncounterable, which no matter how you put it, is unhealthy.

Also, this.

Idk what you would want done with the tank heroes after your done gutting these heroes identity…

Only if you act like Roadhog/D.va/Hammond/Zarya.

And eventually Mei.

Don’t exist.

As if Bap and Brig are the only Dive counters in the entire game.

Huh? Dva or Hammond to counter dive? How does that work?

1 Like

When OG dive was meta…
Dive literally countered zarya (still does)
Hammond and dva are PART of dive meta.
Dive with dva counters hog, due to Matrix.

Also, can you please respond to this part! (dont have much time left soz)

1 Like

Support ≠ Healer

Bear in mind that a lot of the supports do really good damage along with their kit, to help the team. Self defense is good for them, so maybe not “counter” 100 percent, but they do counter them already a lot of the time.

Well for starters a Tank regen passive would be nice.

Then probably either buff Orisa and Sigma barriers, because devs haven’t designed the systems needed for a low amount of barriers to exist.

Generally, more kills and more self reliance.

Stuff DPS players would like.

you’re joking… right?

I thought you would suggest extreme changes, like buffs for all tanks, idk.

you’re gutting 3 heroes identities, to buff sigma and orisas barriers…? and a small regen? dudeeee

that wouldn’t even encourage dps players to play tank anyways…

1 Like