Win 30pts loss 30pts

Why should matchmaker decide to move me, when players would do this themselves, easy really, 30 points for win 30 for loss good players move up with win streak till they hit there skill level and so on for loss streak, this way the player decides not some computer, so what if you go on these streeks, then you know where you should be.

I agree with this simple approach of a ranking system, and many others do as well. Not hidden super-brain complex algorithms which are prone to errors, no performance-based mumbo jumbo leading to people playing like stat-wh0res, just wins and losses.

The main counter point is that it doesnt take care of smurfs efficiently, because it doesnt move them to their rank quickly enough. What outweights what?

PBSR is not the matchmaker.

Diamond plus does not have PBSR. My understanding is it’s +24 SR for a win, -24 for a loss, but that could be inaccurate as I’ve never been anywhere close to Diamond.

Matchmaker doesn’t do anything to enforce 50% win rate.

it doesn’t

that’s exactly what the matchmaker does, only it’s not always 30 SR because there is not always the exact same average team SR, you get a bonus for defeating a team that has a higher SR than yours, and below 3000 SR there is a performance bonus if you play well (or malus if you play badly)

there is nothing more to it

you get 10 game with 50% chance to win, if you win 5 you end up exactly where you started

Sometimes i lose 24 somtimes i win 48 …depends on performance …an average win is around 25 for a common performance