Will we get to see Soldier and Ana reunite with the rest of the team in OW2?

From the short story Bastet, we see that Soldier reunites with Ana, then they reunite with Mercy, and the two have also been confronted by Reaper. At the end of the story, despite the recall being given, Soldier and Ana decide to go their own way for now. Do you think in the OW2 campaign we’ll see the two reunite with the rest? Would be cool to see their reactions, other than a few members I’m sure the team still thinks Jack and Ana are dead.

1 Like

I think the Old Soldiers storyline will continue separate from the main Overwatch storyline, probably in short stories/comics/etc. for a while longer. They probably won’t join up with them in this arc.

6 Likes

Probably not until later. It seems that Blizzard’s current plot for OW2 is going to directly start with tying up other loose ends in the world and establishing the “new” Overwatch as an organization that can be heroes. That being said, I can see the old soldiers joining OW at some pivotal moment in the plot or something. But its hard to really get a grasp on what the plot direction will be considering how little lore there is in terms of the overarching plot (though I do appreciate the small individual stories that show the heroes doing their own thing individually).

2 Likes

I do not think they will appear in the OW2 launch story. Maybe later down the line, but not any time soon. Soldier is very anti-Overwatch in his interactions, showing he has little interest in joining Winston’s crusade.

3 Likes

Damn, was kinda hoping to see them join back. He’s anti-Overwatch but from his cinematic, he doesn’t hesitate to fight for people. Perhaps later we’ll see him. As for Ana I’d like to see her and Pharah on the team. Pharah wanted to join before but couldn’t, so it’d be nice if she was on the team with her daughter.

1 Like

He could show up at the end or some other point in the story, as his vendetta against Talon’s agents could have him cross paths with the Overwatch team. But as others have mentioned, I don’t see him actually rejoining.

2 Likes

That’s actually pretty true. There’s a lot of lines where Soldier shows his disproval of Overwatch coming back, but his cinematic also shows he won’t hesitate to help. “Old habits die hard, I suppose.” Maybe we’ll see him pop up and help the team for a mission and then disappear. He could work with them but not join them officially, same as Ana.

1 Like

Pharah & McCree (as well as a few others, but they’re the only characters in the ones that look finished) show up in the cutscene snippets we got during the behind the scenes of OW2 at Blizzcon. Pharah is almost for sure gonna be in the story to some degree.

2 Likes

Pharah and McCree were in rendered cutscenes in Toronto. In addition to them, D.Va, Baptiste, Bastion, and Zarya looked to be on the team in storyboards. Add in Sojourn, Lucio, and the Zero Hour group, and it sounds like an exciting roster to me.

3 Likes

I don’t expect them to join Overwatch, but I do think they will join forces at some point. The Monte Carlo mission shown in 2019 and the Rome mission from this year look like Overwatch will be taking the fight to Talon at some point in the launch story instead of just defending different cities from Null Sector and Talon. Soldier may view Winston’s recall as stupid, but he (especially with Ana’s influence) would likely accept help if it meant taking down Talon. I don’t expect this partnership to last though, and at some point Soldier/Ana will go off on their own again, like how we see Torbjorn helping the team out in Gothenburg but nowhere else.

3 Likes