Will we expect 21:9 support?

I decided to get back into overwatch just for the event after not playing the game since season 9. (Which I got bored of, I’m admitting it) and I had just gotten a brand new 34” Ultrawide screen and I was excited to play the game on this, because my other games I play such as Fortnite, Rocket League and Dead by Daylight looked beautiful, so I was expecting the same with overwatch.

Go into my settings, adjust from 1920 x 1080 to 3440 x 1440 and it registers, however only in a 16:9 cutoff, which to be honest, I was a little upset.

So, this comes to something… will we be expecting Ultra Wide Resoultion support? Or anything over the 16:9 scale? Or will be not having this type of support?

1 Like

Due to the FOV its very unlikely. At work we tested ultra wide gaming screen and it was supposed to replace 2 monitors with one, not to give ultra wide experience

2 Likes

Pretty sure the Dev team already said we won’t be getting this, something something unfair advantage

1 Like

Here is the official developer response about 21:9 monitors:

Source: Overwatch Forums

We’ll die of age before these devs stop being dense af.

6 Likes

Yes because 240hz monitors are not an advantage over 60hz… The Devs pick the dumbest things to fight their community on. If they want to keep Competitive fair across the board limit it to 60hz on all monitors at 1920x1080 with a 103 FOV and then let Quick play be the wild west where you can get true 21:9 support and a wider FOV. Instead of fighting your community you should try to meet them half way.

2 Likes

NECROBUMP!!

Please be mindful of the date of the last post on a thread before posting.

I did not realize looking up a post with something that concerns you and commenting is a bad thing. Ok from now on I can just clutter the forums then if that is what is preferred /shrug

1 Like

Instead of blaming us, why doesn’t Buzzard implement an autolock of old threads.

1 Like

Don’t forget the staggering advantage that Overwatch players with fiber internet have over those poor souls with only dial-up or satellite internet.

C’mon Blizzard this is 2019 and you’re literally the only one making this stupid argument. CSGO supports 21:9 and there are a grand total of zero pro players utilizing it You’d think even one person would do it if it was an unfair advantage.

This is PC gaming where a better graphics card and high refresh rate is a staggering advantage over people on just 60Hz. It’s hard to put into words just how game-changing 240Hz is over 60Hz.

4 Likes

Wait… in a game with FLYING and rocket jumping enemies cutting your vertical FOV puts players at serious disadvantage. So… Blizzard admits here that they actually put players with ultrawide monitors in a worse position ON PURPOSE and with full premeditation of delivering worse experience because of their hardware…

1 Like

Exactly! I’ll admit that it doesn’t help when you play on Busan and they greet you with a freaking room full of ultrawide monitors …

It’s now 2020 and it was a promised feature. I don’t get why they’d be so obstinate. Their original points were all shot down as untrue and they haven’t commented on it since. It’s all really frustrating.

1 Like

Where?