Will there be a response to Mercy soon?

Hi, big fan. The forum isn’t happy with the current state of Mercy and thought I’d ask if there will be a dev update addressing this soon? It would be great if we could get some insight on what might be coming. Leaving us this much in the dark isn’t healthy for the community and knowing what steps we might be taking will be a great way for Mercy mains to help explore options in the space you’ve given us. No bashing just curiosity :smiley:

12 Likes

No. If anything she won’t be changed for a while, sadly.

4 Likes

There has already been a response to Mercy. Those that keep asking just don’t like the answer. There are far bigger priorities than Mercy atm too.

18 Likes

If there is, I wouldn’t expect anything until around mid February.

mercy is fine for right now if they leave her like this till spring ill be mad but bastion needs tweaks, brig is on the plate rn and ana might need a small nerf. But most of all sym, bastion, and (insert weak hero here) need to be first. Trust me i love mercy but some others have been ignored for far too long

1 Like

They have given responses multiple times. It’s just not what many people want to hear. Then it festers for a bit, people complain about something else, and then we are back to asking for ANOTHER response. It has been given already.

1 Like

They have answered, even recently during Blizzcon and dev updates.

The answer is incredibly unsatisfying and dare I say they could share a bit more about their views so we could understand better her status and perhaps give better feedback.

I think that’s true for any hero actually.

I used to be very active on Mass Effect 3 multiplayer forums, they balanced that game literally every week - I mean literally literally. The forums exploded with mercy-like and brig-like threads every monday.

Every so often a dev would respond a thread. “Here’s the reason we did this, this is the data we have that you don’t, this is test we did that you never saw, this is the alternatives we tested and why they didn’t work, we believe it’s better this way because reason X”.

Boom, argument over. Well, maybe not. It is the internet. Certainly got better though.

7 Likes

Ah I see. Would you mind linking the most recent response? I probably missed it somewhere.

There was an interview at blizzcon I believe where he said that he believes mercy will be in a good spot after the valk changes.

1 Like

I remember he saying that the changes were successful a couple of times and somewhere outside the dev updates he said the balance was good or something.

I look at the reaction to valk both on the forums and outside and well… I supposed it’s good to know Bliz lives in their own little world where what the players actually think and what bliz thinks about how something went are 2 totally different things for the most part.

5 Likes

well at least they explain and give data about it, rather than here, just giving “feelings” like “we feel X is fine, we feel Y is too oppressive, and so on.”

1 Like

To OP:

I respectfully disagree with your second sentence.

Some of the forum members are unhappy with the current state of Mercy, but many others, like myself, are happy with her as she is.

2 Likes

Mass rez never dies !

That’s fair! I should’ve worded it a bit better.

We havent gotten an answer adressing our concerns for over a year. Megathreads and tons of discussions and suggestions later it is still the same. Even after some of us collectively presenting an idea they still dont care. If you havent seen it yet here is our lengthy proposal for another rework.

1 Like

Blizzard does listen to the community but only what they want to listen to. I’m pretty sure once a post mentions mass rez in any context they exit the page. That’s just me though.

I’d extend that to “anything that makes them look bad or that they disagree with or isn’t praising them in some way”.

1 Like

To be honest, what’s the difference lol

As a main tank player i think she’s balanxed

1 Like

They said on stream they think shes fine, which is a load of ballocks imo

3 Likes