Will Sym be played in Season 2?

responding to what op said
no
still a throw pick, and bad honestly
you can make it work (barely) but lets be honest ppl dont play sym bc shes meta defining they just love her
literally the same thing tracer/genji/dva mains did in s10

3 Likes

I know. That’s the one that sticks with me.

1 Like

gaga too!

I honestly hope too, I want people to play her but I also want her to be utter crap so she gets her long awaited attention.

2 Likes

Doubt it. Bastion and Sombra hardly saw reasonable play outside of a few niche comps as always, don’t see why anything would change on Sym’s end.

tbh this is pretty ironic coming from a sym main who complains about genji

Can you put more effort into troll posts or maybe some logic

Flag flag flag

6 Likes

Coming from a SYm main… probably not. SHe has not way to increase her damage output like other heroes who can crit.

1 Like

I wouldn’t imagine it, unless it’ some last second troll pick on a match they know their losing. Symetra is okay but she really doesn’t ramp up her play. She puts out a fairly consistent amount of dmg but has real trouble finishing anything off or hitting fast moving targets.

Even in Bronze her turrets are lucky to get one tick of dmg off before being destroyed. At the pro level I think it’s pretty much a given every pro can take them out easily, most likely mid air.

I mean I guess she’s a good stall hero on defense. Running out the clock by making it really hard for the enemy team to push forward. But her complete lack of a powerful ultimate as a DPS means she really can’t clear the objective or payload.

If she is played it will be a surprise move and probably never repeated again. Maybe they will try to bring back the bastion/sym comp or sending a Dva bomb through the tP or something. But it’s all high risk, again nothing a team would think of doing without already losing the match and being desperate.

1 Like

I think if she is gonna be used then it will be for teleporter… Maybe for some map specific plays that open flank route.

She probably won’t even if circumstances allow her to do so, because, while TP requires good coordination, the same good coordination will counter it. A well coordinated team can destroy TP before it even finish deploying. And this is pros we’re talking about.

1 Like

not a troll post though, I just dont think when you are playing a hardcounter to genji and still struggle that you’re a good judge on how pros play but that’s just my business I guess

reported for false flagging though, I don’t think its mature to burden blizz with fake flags at this critical time for their staff. feel free to actually have a mature conversation instead of always insta reporting me (often to no avail I might add)

i doubt that, bob is pretty scary
course he’s on an entirely different level of turret…
the teleporter has almost hit a sweetspot where it can be useful for gimmicky moves, all it needs is a little more oomph and a hilarious amount of technical fixes and it would still be useful even in the heat of combat

uhhh…what

her turrets have been through… 3 iterations on live:
initially with 3 turrets being held, then 6, now current ones being different to deploy with only having 3 out

but i would barely count the first to second one as much of a “buff” more of just a QoL change, second to third is really where any “buff” took place

teleporter has been through… just a single change?

and i mean, hey, d.va got an entire new skill with defense matrix being worked on how many times and it’s still not where people want it to be?

i don’t think you can really base this on a “number of times something changed”, some things just take time to settle

it’s just… you know…
it shouldn’t take MONTHS for things to go through small iterations for giant glaring problems…

this is so disgustingly helpful it’s not even funny
why should it be acceptable for this kind of logic to actually be real

ahahaahahahahahahaah
ahahahaha
ahahaha

4 Likes

This would be the first time I flag one of your posts.

Also Symmetra is not a hard counter to Genji. Maybe in bronze but I wouldn’t know what that’s like.

She’s not even a soft counter to him. Anything she or her turrets do to him, they do to other dps heroes more effectively.

I’m not sure I’ve ever met anyone who is more delusional about Symmetra than you. It’s hard not to dismiss you as a total troll, especially since you have admitted to having an anti Sym bias before, due to finding her turrets annoying.

Delusional in general, actually. “always insta reporting me” <- You literally just made that up. Either delusional, or a low effort troll. I have no patience for either.

5 Likes

sym has always been a counter to genji, her design hasnt changed much

you shouldnt be struggling with genji as sym simple as that

I actually have never said anything remotely close to having a bias due to her turrets. My bias stems from how utterly terrible 2.0 was designed and was implemented for ‘inclusivity’, meaning making a hero for people who would otherwise not play the game because it’s too hard. I hate any hero with a nonexistent skill curve, and sym 2.0 was the definition of that. There are plenty of heroes that receive similar treatment from me but you obviously wont hear me complain about those in sym threads because, well, I do that in their related threads.

Anyway, nice and mature of you to dismiss any opinion you dont like as trolling. It’s a symptom of todays society so I don’t fully blame you for that attitude.

also on an unrelated side note:
sym is in the right spot. high winrate, low pickrate. some heroes shouldnt see high pickrates because theyre simply toxic for the game if they become meta. sym is one example, my own main mei is another, and the list could continue with df/junk/brig/bastion/torb and some others.

1 Like

Explain how. I explained how she isn’t so explain how you think she is.

By the way:

So I always knew you were delusional, but flat-out lying now? Step up your game, dude.

5 Likes

i mean…
really, dude, you’re doing it to yourself, though

the only way a symmetra is a “counter” to genji, or shouldn’t “struggle” against the genji, is if the genji player is incompetent

he should never be near her if her beam is level 3

and the only other option for her to hit him with are orbs
which are incredibly slow

he is the one capable of outplaying her at every corner

this can’t be real holy butts

you can’t flame other people for trolling by trolling jesus christ

3 Likes

Sooooo because I find it annoying to die to a random turret means that that’s the cause of my bias? I also find it annoying to die from random junk grenades. Or a widow who misses her shots and accidentally headshots me (yes, that happened once). That stuff happens.

I just explained where my bias stems from. Feel free to ignore it though, that’s more convenient.

Anyway I’m off to bed, cya!

1 Like

benji your posts have always been weak sauce and my eyes always glaze over them, catching maybe 5 words out of them at this point. you’re white noise.

6 Likes

Classic troll. Won’t explain his opinion, then goes “Teehee! I’m off to sleep! seeya eksdeee!”

Stay out of Sym threads please.

For someone who claims they don’t have time to play comp and barely keep interest in the game, it’s nothing short of pathetic to keep going into Sym threads and derailing / trolling them.

Don’t need to dig far into your activity to see what you think. You think Sym is a skill-less, braindead hero with no depth. These are things YOU said. Cool. Now go away.

Sym is a high skill hero. She has no panic buttons and no on demand mobility. She has a tracking intensive short-range primary fire, and needs to aim her secondary fire to get value from it. Her turrets are on a 10s cooldown so she needs to be careful with their placement. Her ult needs to be placed properly for good value. If that’s not high skill, I really don’t know what is.

8 Likes

Oh, Symmetra will see some game time.

Likely due to certain contracts to play as her from certain interests to enforce, “Sym is fine.”

It will be a a gimmick play. Likely a Blitz tactic or TP of an Ultimate. Something to really, “WOW,” the crowd.

Then the player will switch off her and use a more practical character citing, “tactical play,” which we all know means:

I fulfilled the requirement in my contract and am now actually playing the game.

1 Like

Symm doesn’t hard counter anyone in her 3.0 state.

6 Likes