Will OW2 fix the bad balance?

Oh ofc, but that’s not content restricted to acquiring OW2. That’s all content for OW1. Yeah it sucks I gotta wait f or it, but I know it’s coming. God bless.

if any thing , this is way better than the regular 1 cinematics and 1 random hero that Michael Chu and Arnorld Tsang pooped out , Jeff literaly said “hey we giving you a bunch of new maps and heroes at the same time , just holdon a bit”

why tf people angry about free stuff ?

1 Like

Archives missions done in a way that would warrant a fully-fledged game being made out of them :smiley:

Well I don’t know where you got the number 4 from and we already know of 4 maps and that was confirmed to be a minimum.

Edit: Wait I just realised you probably weren’t being sarcastic. Oh well take my comment as information for the sake of it then anyway.

No idea really. Like it seems a lot of people just be straight up confused and have no idea wtf they’re talking about and they’d rather scream into the void of the forums than actually look at what was said. Then there’s just those, like HANA up there, that feel they’re entitled to oh so much.

That’s all I can really think of. Finding out that OW2 is basically just PVE add on and lore progression was the best thing I’ve heard in a long time. Then those people that value and care about that can get it, those that like me enjoy it but aren’t going to put money toward it can still just rock their current OW1 purchase and not miss out on anything PVP orientated.

That’s beautiful. Absolutely perfect. PVE ain’t for me, I realize it is for some tho. For those people that value it, they get what they want. For those that don’t, like myself, we still get all the maps, the heroes, etc. How tf can I complain?

1 Like

Lmao if archives was available on workshop, they could do a better job, especially with abilities, and more of them to boot!

I dont know mario games, but if you buy game you buy for new stuff right? Or i miss somethign there.
Or you could play this mario galaxy in the next one too? I dont know it wierd comparison imo thats all

PVE. New stuff.

Where are you seeing there being a lack in new stuff? Let me remind you we have NO IDEA how much any of this stuff is going cost.

You legit have NO POSITION other than this sort of unsubstantiated fear mongering. Period.

Im talking now about mario stuff you put into this conversation tho…

:joy: Are you kidding they’re planning to add multiple heroes at once for OW2. You think Balance is bad right now? :joy:

In all seriousness though, depending how many characters and what they do is what really matters. We’ve only seen Sojourn so far and it seems she may be a DPS Hitscan as unfortunate as that is to see. :pensive:

Overwatch 2 looks more like a expansion at the moment. They’re calling it a sequel but theres a post on subreddit inline with Overwatch and it has been confirmed the only portion of this “game” you’ll need to pay for is the PVE content. The rest to our knowledge is free just like any other patch for the game and it will merge with the current game once released like how WoW’s expansions works.

TL:DR Blizzard is being koi trying to slip by Overwatch 2 as a sequel instead of an expansion due to needing more $$$ out of the franchise.

No, you couldn’t. And I’m thankful that Blizzard didn’t take a similar approach and make OW2 have PVP orientated aspects exclusive to it.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

The part of comparising mario game to it…

No.

Overwatch has been Dead since Season Brigitte was available in comp.

You are kidding yourself if you think things are going to turn around. Go find yourself some World of Warcraft nerf memes and get used to recycling them.

First it’s Mercy with the moth meta from seasons 6-9. Then it’s Brigitte from season 10-Almost Present. Then it’s Sigma and role queue.

This game is beyond redemption. They keep adding things no one wants to interact with and have increased queue times for DPS players like 300% across the board with no increase in matchmaking quality.

every update to Overwatch makes it a worse game. They are committed to this path.

Overwatch was not ready for 2-2-2. The game wasn’t ready for it. The community wasn’t ready for it. Game is just honestly going to continue to bleed players and alienate them permanently by keeping low skill metas for too long and making proficient players share dps queue pools with inexperienced players.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ…

ABC baby.

You said:

The PVE element of OW2 = new stuff right?

VERY SIMPLE. So what’s your problem with it? It’s new stuff, so you buy new stuff.

Mario comparison was to illustrate while not much new could be added, it being delivered differently constitutes new stuff.

So, you’re saying you’re fine with having to spend money for new stuff, right?

PVE, and thus OW2, is new stuff. Thus, it’s okay too, right?

Glad we could come to an understanding.

I said that about you talking about single player game being similiar to the old one, not to overwatch in that post tho,

If you want use analogy in games, better use fiffa or something, its closer than mario stuff i belive.

But thats just my opinion i guess :man_shrugging:

LOL, no. The PVP portion is literally the same game. And they are keeping both Goodman and Kaplan around, because connections>talent. It will be the exact same garbage, except with half-baked PVE DLC and a new desperate marketing campaign trying to draw people back in with by calling the DLC a sequel.

Not in any way, Pve will not affect the PVP balance at all. It’s silly to think that. They dont have to worry about balancing the PVE gameplay, there is really no need for it in that style of play.

Only if they revamp kits to accomplish the same goals and roles, but with more depth.

Like Reaper, give him something like Fade to replace Shadowstep, and have wraith form be like an invis instead of zero damage free reload. Make him an actual flanker with the ability to quickly reposition, and give him his old souls mechanic back.

Was kind of hoping that OW2 would be the opportunity to put the dumpster fire of misery that Overwatch had become because of terrible balance out of it’s misery, but nope, it’s a glorified add on, so much for that

Reality check. Hero balance isn’t nearly as bad as you think. Matchmaking and the ranked system is what’s unbalanced. Hero balance just feels unbalanced to a lot of people because the ranked system doesn’t even really have skill brackets and it’s become even more mix and match with role queue. 1000sr group limit, the game allows boosting, people getting boosted to ranks they don’t belong in all the time, ranked games now a mix of golds plats and diamonds all in the same game, smurfs all over the place. Yeah. This is what you should want fixed. Imagine overwatch with actual strict skill brackets. Guarantee you’d see far less balance complaints.

From what I’m reading from responses, I’m not surprised, but I’m still disappointed…