Will OW2 fix the bad balance?

222 was suposed to fix bad balance alredy

I would not belive overwatch 2 would be any better.

Why do you insist on being so oversimplified and pessimistic with your comments?

It is not fair to call this an “archives missions sold for money” type operation. Otherwise, I could say Mario Odyssey is an “archives missions sold for money” type of operation.

You must be so fun at parties.

2 Likes

Because that is what it is.

it doesn’t deserves to be called OW2.

1 Like

Does mario odyssey had older version of mario game in it with added story mode for Odyssey?

1 Like

Please spare me your pedantic bs.

Idgaf what they call it. It’s a LARGE amount of labor, programming, modeling, etc, put into a singular package. That is nothing like “archives missions”.

Spare me your inability to accurately assess things. Please.

4 Likes

222 was not for bad balance.

The goal of the changes that actually were aimed at GOATS
Josh Noh

18 posts

Overwatch Developer

Sep 6 :point_left: Click on the date of the post to go to original post.

Oh god forbid they allow older versions to be involved. I mean Mario Odyssey was so much different than Mario Galaxy, right?

Ffs.

i think this ‘‘ow2’’ they are showing is just some quickly cobbled together demo they has to rush out to distract from china. i think the eventual release will look nothing like what they have shown. so far its a bad cosmetic update with a new mode
new maps look just like all the recent maps, bland. pve is w/e.

There’s no reason to believe this.

There is reason to believe that it has been something planned and within development long before the HK controversy etc.

It’s not like PVE elements were not asked for in this game.

Look at how this trash tier forum community has reacted to literally EVERY EVENT in the past 2 years. With their “OMFG GIVE US MORE” mentality and people legit saying they’re willing to pay money for a PVE mode that progresses the lore and story.

I ain’t one of those people. I am TOTALLY happy with just the PVP element and while I appreciate lore I ain’t going to get my panties in a bunch over it.

This is LEGITIMATELY what a LARGE portion of the community have demanded FOR YEARS NOW.

But hey, GOD forbid you have to drop $50 or whatever tf it might be to pay the hard working employees of this company for work they have spent HOURS AND HOURS on. Cuz you’re an entitled little … of a zoomer gamer. F that.

Seriously reading some of the stuff on this forum after the OW2 announcement makes me want to punch a kitten.

1 Like

Exactly ,PvE part itself can already be sold as a new game , it just convenience to have the compatible PvP

The playable demo at blizzcon is just the first part of the Rio De Janeiro mission , and it already bigger than all 3 archieves events combined , and there is 6 of them in total at launch , and they will be releasing more after that

1 Like

Yeah not happy about no new balances with the heroes, saw the slow moving valking mercy in game-play trailer and wanted to kms.

Ahh, adding 4 new powerful heros and 3 different maps?
That will change a lot.

Hopefully, after the casuals move to 2

Right? Will I buy OW2? Probably not. If I want some PVE type stuff I’ll be rolling through Dark Souls style games, or finishing off my Hollow Knight play through. If the price is reasonable etc, then sure I’ll buy OW2.

The best news out of this whole thing was that I realized it’s completely optional. If all I care about is the PVP, then I don’t have to spend a God damn dime cuz the PVP will be the same through both, etc. I was afraid for a minute this would be a playerbase splitting sort of phenomenon, but it isn’t.

I couldn’t ask for more. Am I disappointed we don’t have a new hero hitting PTR in the next couple days? Yeah. Am I interested in OW2? To a degree but PVE isn’t really my thing. So I’m happy. I have no reason to buy OW2 as it won’t change the OW1 experience in any way, but if I do get interested, I have the option.

What tf more could I ask for?

1 Like

Oh ofc, but that’s not content restricted to acquiring OW2. That’s all content for OW1. Yeah it sucks I gotta wait f or it, but I know it’s coming. God bless.

if any thing , this is way better than the regular 1 cinematics and 1 random hero that Michael Chu and Arnorld Tsang pooped out , Jeff literaly said “hey we giving you a bunch of new maps and heroes at the same time , just holdon a bit”

why tf people angry about free stuff ?

1 Like

Archives missions done in a way that would warrant a fully-fledged game being made out of them :smiley:

Well I don’t know where you got the number 4 from and we already know of 4 maps and that was confirmed to be a minimum.

Edit: Wait I just realised you probably weren’t being sarcastic. Oh well take my comment as information for the sake of it then anyway.

No idea really. Like it seems a lot of people just be straight up confused and have no idea wtf they’re talking about and they’d rather scream into the void of the forums than actually look at what was said. Then there’s just those, like HANA up there, that feel they’re entitled to oh so much.

That’s all I can really think of. Finding out that OW2 is basically just PVE add on and lore progression was the best thing I’ve heard in a long time. Then those people that value and care about that can get it, those that like me enjoy it but aren’t going to put money toward it can still just rock their current OW1 purchase and not miss out on anything PVP orientated.

That’s beautiful. Absolutely perfect. PVE ain’t for me, I realize it is for some tho. For those people that value it, they get what they want. For those that don’t, like myself, we still get all the maps, the heroes, etc. How tf can I complain?

1 Like

Lmao if archives was available on workshop, they could do a better job, especially with abilities, and more of them to boot!

I dont know mario games, but if you buy game you buy for new stuff right? Or i miss somethign there.
Or you could play this mario galaxy in the next one too? I dont know it wierd comparison imo thats all