Will other under represented groups have representation soon?

What if we had a hero who had character development revolving around being a Christian in a technologically advanced world?

I am wondering if we will see someone who is pro-life? What if an Omnic believed abortion of human babies was unethical? Could be interesting.

This will never happen, and that’s the real source of discontent around the S76 thing. It’s only ok for certain groups to be represented, because you and I both know a pro-life character (or any other certain beliefs) will never see the light of day.

8 Likes

video games + politics = suicide

21 Likes

Cool.

Can this garbage just stop already.

8 Likes

No, because religion and abortion are completely different from sexuality. Wars are fought over religion. Real-life religion will never be more than referenced to in overwatch. I feel like I shouldn’t have to spoonfeed you why we’re not going to see an ethics debate like abortion in overwatch.

10 Likes

That’s bigoted to justify why some identities should be represented and others can’t.

lmao wars are also fought over sexuality mate.

This is so just silly my brain cells have deteriorated. Y’all complain about S76 being political simply for having a sexuality but then you want YOUR explicit political views supported? As if being gay was even political. There’s gay people on both sides…

6 Likes

They are both social issues. Neither one is political.

1 Like

What war? I can’t remember any wars about sexuality but I can remember PLENTY crusades.

1 Like

That could vry well be a point in a hero, but there wont be a hero that is revolved around that. Such as soldier isnt revolved around being gay

76 is Catholic and the Amaris - specifically Ana - draw a lot of their design inspirations from both Islam and the Ancient Egyptian Religion.

Also, the members of the Shambali are very blatantly Robo Buddhists.

I know this is bait, but just saying.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a French Canadian Guy, African American Woman, a transwoman, an Indian Guy, an African American guy, an Asian guy from Britain, and someone from Italy. That would be true diversity IMO.

I’m not connecting religion to abortion. I’m referring them as two separate issues that you cited.

Like the war about LGBT rights in Russia. Not every war is like WW1. 5% of Russians, when asked, answered that they support execution on homosexuals.

People hate gay people because religion. Also movements aren’t wars. And even if there were wars AGAINST gay people it is because of religion not because of gay people starting wars…

i’m kabyle, where’s my kabyle hero?

Okay. Let’s say that all of these WARS against and for homosexuality, are due to religion. That doesn’t change the fact that homosexuality is still a part of it, thus making it all political. Very political.

See here’s the thing. You can’t compare the personal belief that people have regarding abortion to acknowledging the existence of homosexuality.

The ethics of abortion can be debated and is a heavily political topic.

But the existence of people with same sex preferences should not be political. These people exist and there is no argument about it. The only thing political about this situation is how they have been mistreated and misrepresented in the past.

We are in a time in history where we are trying to normalize the existence of other sexualities, so that they can be accepted and treated fairly. Hopefully we can get to the point where the main character of a tv show or movie can exists without people saying “oh look, political agenda” and instead just…watching the show or movie without giving a second thought to their sexual orientation. The same way we do not give a second thought to Daredevil for being catholic, or any other character for being straight.

The S76 reveal shouldn’t be a big deal. In fact, it’s not. But posts like these saying theres a political agenda being shoved down everyone’s throat is exactly what’s making this non important revelation a big deal.

4 Likes

Pro life is a political belief. Being gay is an unchangable trait about a person that they are born with. I will say it again for the people in the back. Homosexuality:clap:is:clap:Not:clap:A:clap:Political:clap:Agenda

6 Likes