Will my competitive points be deleted in Overwatch 2?

I have around 15,000 competitive points saved up so that I can use them on new heroes. But now I’m not sure if I should save them until Overwatch 2.

6 Likes

Also would like to know. Good question!

1 Like

We don’t know yet.

However, long ago they said the gold weapons won’t be obtainable from comp or something among these lines.

I remember that there were golden guns in the beta but they looked a little different. So I think that they’re keeping them but they’re making them look a little different.

I kind of want to save them, but also, it will be easy to just catch up without saving as we are only getting 3 at launch and converting to a pace slower than before once they start “releasing content.”

It is odd that they bother to change them if they aren’t planning to use them again.
With that said, if comp points are going to carry over to OW2, that means they will still be obtainable and used for something but the weapons themselves may not be.

I thought you were limited to 6000?

It would be cool if we could spend the points on other stuff or like an upgraded version of the golden weapon like a platinum weapon

2 Likes

The limit only applies to points gained by wining/drawing matches.
You still get the reward for the rank you reached at the end of the season.

Patience on this, details will very likely be coming soon.

Noone knows but probably yes.

Bringing an old thread to life - does any one know if this was answered?

I beleive in the cpmpetetive changes post they made today they said that comp points would carry over but theyre capped at some amount.

1 Like

Thanks! I tried trusty Google but didn’t have much luck. Sounds like they’ll still have the CP for the weapons so it should carry over. I’m like 65 CP short of 3000 so I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t lose them all haha

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/initializing-systems-updating-competitive-play-for-overwatch-2/692982
This should be the link outlining some competetive changes going through OCT4

1 Like