Will mercy have mass rez for uprising?

If you’re using Valkyrie to “have fun flying around” then you’re not using it effectively. It’s goal is to heal and damage boost, and her increased mobility is for positioning purposes. Last year, Mercy didn’t use guardian angel to fly around outside the barrier just to have some fun moving around. When she was in danger of being attacked she stayed behind the shield. This is no different.

2 Likes

But last time she had an ult that was both a panic button and was the only actual way to rez Tracer if she was dying doing her job not to mention her base kit featured a lot of battle mercy for the fun side.

Valk in the base game already makes Mercy EZ mode and is a boring as all hell ult and in this mode that problem is only going to be made all the more apparent, while yes you’re right fun isn’t the main reason, but if playing mercy is a literal chore no one is going to play her and the solo queue of this game is going to be hell.
Like I said we already saw this on a lesser scale with Ana due to her 10 damage per shot reduction

Opinion. I found mass rez to be far more boring. Press Q to rez teammates. Cool, done. At least with valk I have increase mobility and have to think about my positioning and consider what my team is doing - should I be healing or damage boosting? IMO it’s way more fun than rez was.

What are you talking about? A lot of heroes are a “chore” to play. I’m sure standing there holding right click with rein or a torb just constantly healing a turret which is doing the work is super exhilarating. Tracer still requires effort to get things done. Do you want Mercy to just be a braindead hero who just hits Q from time to time to undo their teammate’s mistakes?

3 Likes

Valkyrie is nothing on this mode where the AI’s have aimbots, but Mass ress is practically a run saver if done correctly. Most notably because the ress can be done from safer location than directly under AI’s nose and it can ress multiple people. Anyone who’s done expert or harder knows if you lose one person or your team makes a mistake, chances are it’ll snowball hardcore on the last meter at the latest (if you somehow manage to make it past the sentry bastion part) and you lose the run.

Everyone on this mode can ress all the time, mercy has hers on cd and slow motion. It is better to leave ressing to other people so Mercy can keep healing her teammates.

Without mass ress it’ll be worse than using Ana on junkenstein. Her increased mobility, single ress and valkyrie are all practically useless in this mode on harder difficulties where if 2 of your teammates die, it’s game over. And valkyrie won’t be able to save them from getting shredded by bastion bullets.

6 Likes

If you think there wasn’t mind games in the old rez then you’re an idiot, no other explanation needed from me as it’s been explained to death why and how getting value out of rez required a milllion times more thought then just popping Valk whenever you feel like it.

Rein in that mode also was encouraged to charge key targets and earthshatter was highly important. And Torb was obviously expected to be shooting as well not just spamming hammer on the turret. Mercy in that mode had to pick and choose who to be healing, damage boosting or if she should be shooting herself as was the case quite often and Rez was obviously a panic button and just like in the base game you had to decide was it better to rez the person by hand or use the ulti that could otherwise save you later if things got hairy.
Valkyrie is going to take away a lot of that fun by being just as easy as ever to just get everyone with the beam removing target priority from your worries and yet will not feel like an ult just like it does in the base game.

We’ll see, hopefully blizzard makes the right call and gives Mercy back mass rez for the PVE mode, save themselves sometime rebalancing that non sense and focuses on the Blackwatch event instead. But if not well hopefully the flooding the forums of “I hate playing mercy in this mode” will be a wakeup call.
Either way I win.

2 Likes

???
You clearly don’t know appropriate times to be using valk. You don’t just “pop it whenever you feel like it.” And sorry no, Pressing Shift+Q for mass rez or deciding when is appropriate for a tempo rez does not take “a million times more thought.”

I didn’t realize this was a competition.

1 Like

I know when to pop Valk, the point I was making is that because it lasts 15 seconds it’s so forgiving what point in the fight you actually pop it, plus the fact it’s souch an underwhelming ult no one gives a damn if you’ve actually used it it’s just “oh hey I’m flying here now you’re all getting my healing instead of just one”
It’s a lame non sense and is nothing but a sidekicks ult. it’s lame and this event is either going to get rid of it for the mode or it’s going to prove it to everyone!

It’s not a competition but either way I get what I want.
Either they give us back mass rez for the mode and I get a nostalgia trip of a time where Mercy was fun to play OR they don’t do that and the hordes of people who are forced to play Mercy and realize just how boring her new kit is will be a silver bullet to finally shove in blizzards face why she’s a boring uninpsired mess right now.

1 Like

The problem is I think this is just a fantasy of yours. Very few people are going to complain about it, and of the ones that do, it will be all the mercy mains with your same mindset who have already voiced the same concerns repeatedly.

Personally I find the new mercy very fun to play, and if need be I will happily play that role in uprising. I would prefer playing new mercy over torb or rein any day of the week.

1 Like

I guess it would kind of make sense to bring back mass rez, but it’s simply too much coding and effort for something that would work as it is right now

Call her healthy all you want, there’s no gratification to playing her. She’s not fun now. In a GAME? That’s unhealthy.

4 Likes

Sure I’m in a fantasey, guess there’s only one way to prove me wrong and that’s to wait for the event.

It’s always the DPS mains who say she’s fine, without fail no one who actually mained her thinks she’s better

Someone gets it.
(More letters)

I didn’t realize that having more game time on DPS heroes invalidated my opinion about a hero I’ve logged 20 hours in just because someone else played her more frequently. At least being a DPS main AND a bunch of time logged on Mercy I have the perspective from both sides instead of just one. Old Mercy was simply unfun to play against for literally everyone but Mercy. That’s why she was changed.

1 Like
  1. That 20 hours could be form any time, for all I know you’ve never logged in and played the CURRENT iteration of Mercy and why you don’t get that she’s unfun is because you only played Valk while it was OP and don’t realize valk was ONLY fun because it was OP.
  2. Can’t say it was unfun for everyone, on the rare occasion a mass rez occured the entire freindly team cheered knowing they weren’t out of the fight yet, it’s actually more fun for more people then say ANY DPS ult just getting the kills themselves.
  3. 20 hours spread out over potentially 2 years definitely can’t tell you how redundant she gets after more then 2 games in a row, the ult is uninspired and feels as much like an ult as freaking infrasight or Teleporter and just as passive! And takes away what skill and mindfulness was needed to play base form Mercy.
    It’s not just worse then rez it is so bad it takes away from her base kit.

I’ve played numerous times since her rework, and I actually really like her new ult. she is much more fun for me to play now. Its probably true I used to play mercy more in the past, but it’s not because new mercy is worse, it’s simply because I’ve been focusing more of my efforts on specific heroes.

If you think valk is mindless and requires no skill then you’ve clearly never played mercy before her rework lol. What could possibly be more mindless than hitting Q and getting instant gratification. After one of her initial buffs you barely even had to worry about dying either cause they gave you the same invincibility buff as the people being rezzed. It was like a cheesy handicap for the people who liked to play the hide and seek game.

Well no duh. Of course your team likes it. Everyone likes when they get rezzed. It’s playing against it that’s unfun. I absolutely love getting rezzed - especially back in the days when I played a lot of pharah and I commonly had pocket mercys on me. But that doesn’t change that fact that I thought playing against rez was extremely unfun.

1 Like

Says the mad hatter.

Mercy heals for 60hps. The only heroes in the game that have 60dps or less are Winston, Moira, and Brigitte.

Literally everyone else can outdamage Mercy’s healing with bodyshots.

2 Likes

Clearly never played Mercy above silver in comp if you think rez wasn’t some time bomb ready to blow up in either teams face. Those 2.7 seconds of standing still, that gave an ememy positioning advantage, it’s also only a few points of a second longer then D’va bomb takes to blow up or for McCree to lock onto people

My point is if you rezzed at the wrong time you got instant feedback on how much you failed because you weren’t aware of a fact you needed to be. Like II said earlier theintricacies of knowing when ot rez and when to save it have been explained en mass many times.

As for the invulnerability, You know I had the most fun as the actual Original mercy and most people would gladly take the actual original one, hell most of us would even tkae the three second regen and no invuln if it meant getting rid of this boring mess, people were asking for Mercy to have mid fight potential because Ana was overpowering her in every way (originally even ulti power due to it’s charge speed) and blizz screwed up and gave her the wrong buffs.

And you know what, even Widow’s wallhacks are unfun to deal with, Genji’s 10 foot weeb stick is unfun to play against, aimbot is unfun to play against, graviton is unfun to play against
Symmetra’s beam is unfun to play against. What’s your point? There was obvious counterplay and that was proven by how fast her pickrate plummetted the moment you got into plat

2 Likes

ftfy
[20 characters]

I played Mercy pretty regularly in diamond back in the day. I dont play comp anymore and what I do play in QP is versus Master/GM opponents.

Nice try, though.

1 Like

I’m calling bullcrap, because even in Gold Solo Queue people started saving an ult to wipe a rezzed team easy or instantly killed two or three prime targets with their positioning advantage from that 2.7 seconds of being stationary. If gold players did it and did it often enough to make hide and rez a risky strategy at best then Diamond must have been doing it all the damn dtime.

2 Likes

You don’t need 100% accuracy, most heroes in the game have over 100dps with their primary fire alone. You can out damage Mercy’s healing with reasonable aim, bodyshots (if they get any headshots you’re screwed) and maybe an ability or two if they’re a tank.

1 Like