Will Mercy ever be reverted?

Mercy is fine the way she is. There are other heroes that need help; Torb, Reaper, 76, McCree, Bastion ect.

7 Likes

No mass rez “countability” was not the problem there will bw more problem that they will bring it if they just removed invulnerability from mass rez,

Mass rez encourage mercy to disengage from the battle while she has ult is up so she don’t get killed because they will Always target her so she don’t revive them, mercy that hide will probably revive her teammate from behind unlike that mercy who stayed next her team that will probably die with her teammate, it also encouraged her teammate to die intentional so they get revived at full health, mass rez with cast time downside can be easily nullified by zarya bubble bringing that mess again, i prefer temporary rez just some add tweak and she will be balanced.

3 Likes

Ok, so you’re arguing that she was WORSE before?

Well almost all mercy mains liked her previous version, so.

1 Like

Unfortunately yes. I’ll always hate whoever was the first person to post one of her vids. Taking that grudge with me to the grave :imp:

1 Like

3 Likes

That Youtuber is the most toxic Mercy main you’ll ever see.
She insults devs, the community and now you’re giving her credit? D:

You don’t have to watch much videos to get that conclusion.

Please …

16 Likes

would you like to prove this statment or are you just going to do what aria did in the videos and make baseless claims

5 Likes

Wrong.

Just look it up yourself, there are soooo many infos and vids on yt about good ‘Mercy hiding spots’ on every map. It was insane and you saw every Mercy leaving the fight at some point for the huge rezz. It was literally in every other game at that time.

If a Mercy didn’t do it, she just failed while trying to do it most of the time. Prove me wrong.

Valk is most strong for the group heal/dmg, followed by the very strong health regen she gets even while taking dmg. Don’t forget the huge range bonus she gets on her abilities during Valk. Her mobility is just a bonus and she can still fly out of reach of tanks and still hide around corners or behind pillars in order to stay save from snipers and such. There is no downside to her mobility, stop trying to make it seem worse than it is.

I’m not denying that Mercy needs a little bump after the latest nerfs to her but those constant threads about reverting Mercy are just so incredibly annoying by now.

7 Likes

Hopefully it wont be reverted. Would make the game way worse.

7 Likes

Yes im arguing she was worse before.
And you don’t bring any arguments except “well everyone liked previous version”.
My GM friend liked her for chilly play and no aim requirement. And he was getting flamed for not picking ana almost everytime

She is fine and Aria isn’t even really credible. In her videos, she makes baseless and biased claims, attacks the community, the developers, and is overall toxic.

at least she’s nice on the forums.

10 Likes

Sorry but you’re wrong.

Hiding and Mass-Rezing became a core strategy for playing Mercy, period.

Yeah I agree that good Mercy players didn’t just do this, but they would do it any chance they could. It became such a thing, that not picking Mercy was throwing. (Especially on 2CP maps)

The Rez ability was never intended on being used as a way to suicide/sacrifice the Mercy to resurrect the rest of the team, but this is what happened.

Tbh, my feeling is, the Devs didn’t want Mercy to be a must pick and she has been for most of the games life so far. Now Mercy is a circumstantial pick. She excels at some situations and is weaker at others allowing the rest of the supports to shine, finally.

Again, Mercy was a must pick for most of the games life and because of that we have a large part of the community that mostly just know how to play Mercy. Which is why we are seeing so much backlash on the forums. All of those players that had mainly Mercy hours on their account took a backseat and now need to learn the other supports heros and don’t want to, so they are crying about it on the forums.

4 Likes

God I hope so.

Its better than this brainless Valkyrie that has little to no impact on the game.

4 Likes

They gonna revert her in your dream :slight_smile:

Neither are the people posting these threads, apparently.

Y’all can’t both be the right ones.

1 Like

Hey I don’t have plans to go out to lunch this weekend but that doesn’t mean I won’t.

The devs said we weren’t getting PVE or deathmatch and yet here we are :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That sounds utterly ridiculous. I played back then a lot and if it really were that common I’d kinda have noticed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They also said DM.va (who was boring and DM was oppressive) at the time was fine as well and nerfed Hog damage and didnt give any compensation in one patch, thinking hed be fine, he did not.

People forget that devs change their minds.

6 Likes

They talk about a LOT more than that. And yes they were rare.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s in one of their dev updates. Or maybe it was Your Overwatch reporting on it. I remember being very surprised about how much it happened.