Will it Hack?☠

So many people seem to be confused about what can be hacked, what cannot be, and why.

I created a simple flow chart on my phone to aid you in understanding which abilites are hacked or not.

I hope it helps

7 Likes

The people who think Inspire needs to be hacked should read this

3 Likes

Technically there are a few exceptions to your first (left) rule here, unless treated very specifically. So, just for the final bit of clarification:

• Lucio’s songs themselves require no button but are affected. (They are, however, part of Crossfade, which is also the name/component of swapping between songs, which does require a button.)
  • Wall-climb requires no unique key and can be made to activate automatically but is still affected. (However, it does still use Jump, and therefore a button, normally.)
  • Hover Jets require no unique key but is still affected. (It still uses Jump, and therefore a button.)

So any reasonable person would expect it to stay on whatever song he is on, but oh well. Sombra has to hard counter Lucio for some reason

1 Like

Lúcio’s songs are always on BUT he has the ability to control them via crossfade so they’re hackable. If Lucio just had one aura, it’d be immune to hack

Passives the require a button press (excluding primary fire) or that are tied to an ability are hackable

Yes. And it it initially did, just as it prevents Bastion from staying in Turret Form, but doesn’t… lock him out of Recon into some nascent, robobaby state in between the two. I would have preferred it stay that way, but apparently it was too difficult to get value out of, given that you had to time it to the Lucio being in the song you want and not swapping over as soon as Hack started.

Lucio has control over his auras, so he should answer no to the first rule. It does not need to be a unique key, it just has to be tied to any other button besides primary fire.

Edit: initially typed yes but should be no.

Does no one read parentheticals anymore?

Cute, did you come up with this during school recess?

When a passive or ability is disabled it is arbitrarily up to the developers of the game if they want hack to shut down something.

It’s not so much that I didn’t read it as I don’t agree those are exceptions.

It isn’t arbitrary, you can follow the flow chart for any ability.

Edit:
For exampe: Lucio Crossfade

Always on with no ability to control it --> No. He can switch which auras he uses ----> use primary fire only ----> No. It has nothing to do with his primary ------> tied to an ability or ultimate---->Ability, specifically crossfade. ----> Hackable.

1 Like