Will everyone go through FTUE in OW2?

Technically everyone will have a first time user experience of OW2.

Some players think you wont if you played OW1 or below Level 25.

“New players who create an Overwatch 2 account on or after October 4 will play through a guided First-Time User Experience (FTUE).”

No one currently has a OW2 account specifically.

Source: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23857518/initializing-systems-updating-competitive-play-for-overwatch-2/

Bro you’re specifically trying to read between the lines to create your own conspiracy theories. Doing that will be a dumb move and you’re just meaninglessly giving naive people panic.

“We don’t own ow2 accounts” I’m pretty sure they’re gonna be automatically created or something. We won’t have to enter a phone number or email again, EVERYTHING will carry over from ow1 into ow2 automatically. People like you is why Blizzard have to word their sentences perfectly and can’t be loose or laid back with their wording because someone will always try to read between lines. Stop dooming.

Edit: We can see that you can seemlessly go from your ow1 account to ow2 without making a new account from the beta’s. And with that, a lot of people already have an “ow2 account” as well.

2 Likes

Thats a rather big assumption dont you think?
You do realise this is a question not a statement right?

Our phone number and email is tied to our battle.net and is shared with any game in the battle.net app.
Of course we can simply go into OW2 and play unranked like we did in the BETA, its a question of if we need to meet the FTUE requirements of 50 QP wins to join comp specifically which is a separate matter.
Additionally no data is likely saved from the BETA because the player data transfer happened after the BETA closed.

On a side note, blizzard does not respond to the playerbase, its like extracting blood from a stone.
Even their own articles with player’s questions are unanswered.

Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/initializing-systems-updating-competitive-play-for-overwatch-2/692982

Bruh, I just want to get a reasonable answer not your toxic assumptions.

1 Like

OW1 is OW2. We have paid for it and will not have to FTUE. Comp mode won’t be available for anyone for 2-3 more weeks anyway.

There’s tons of videos on YouTube now explaining how this will work with official statements from the OW team.

FTUE will be unlock existing heroes over the course of around 100 games and then win 50 matches to unlock competitive mode.

Existing Overwatch players won’t need to do any of this. All heroes including Kiriko will be unlocked and competitive mode will be open.

Existing Overwatch players won’t need to do any of this. All heroes including Kiriko will be unlocked and competitive mode will be open.

What if you are under level 25 in Overwatch 1?

Thats kind of a big oversight then, as so many new-ish players will fall through the gap even if they are -just- over lvl25.

As the whole point of FTUE is mentioned, there needs to be significant time to teach new players.
If you had under bronze star players join OW2 the learning curve will be even steeper because some may barely know how to play the regular game modes, while having 5v5, new maps, modes and in some cases new ways to play heroes.

Pulled from a Forbes article quoting blizzard sources:

this only applies to accounts created on or after October 4, when Overwatch 2 goes live for everyone.

I took that literally, as even an existing lev 1 OW account will skip the new player grind in OW2. Which when you consider the vast majority of low level accounts are alts anyway I think would be fine.

I guess if you wanted to sell unlocked OW2 accounts now would be the time to register a ton of new OW1 accounts.

Except in Blizzard’s blog post about unlocking competitive they wrote this:

This only affects accounts made on or after the October 4 release date: anyone who has Competitive unlocked prior will have access to Competitive in Overwatch 2.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23857518/initializing-systems-updating-competitive-play-for-overwatch-2/

Blizzard basically didn’t acknowledge OW1 accounts that are under level 25 in their post, so we don’t explicitly know what happens to them.

1 Like

So, sorry for beating the drums but… If you’re level 1 in OW1 you will skip the First time thing.
My question is, do you still need to win 50 QP games or is that part of the first time experience and is skipped as well?

1 Like