Will Bastion Ever Get a Change?

Use dragon. It really counters any Bastion comps. If people scatter, use grav+dragon which is meta. “Oppressive” Is what people say when they don’t want to counter a hero or a comp.

3 Likes

I agree with that. When I see an enemy bastion I try and rally my team to counter him or we are toast. Id rather they figure out another buff besides turret mode though

The general idea is something would have to go before we buffed it significantly such as removing Ironclad or slowing down the transformation to what it was again or lowering his ammo back to 200 or even all of them.

3 Likes

I actually love recon mode. I wish his sread was tighter making him almost hitscan.

Bastion’s recon gun is already more accurate than Soldier’s gun, unless you meant sentry’s spread.

2 Likes

Sentry mode is his only real problem… That’s the only part of his kit that’s really bad. I’ve done some research on it, and Sentry mode has one of the worst DPS for a ranged hitscan in the game… barring like Tracer and Sombra and the likes. Heck, they might even be better. Here’s a link if you’re curious. Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

Recon is hitscan…? And his gun is already pinpoint accurate for the first few shots, and then it’s maximum bloom is much smaller (about half I think) of Soldier’s. It’s slightly harder to control the spread, but it’s much more accurate with automatic fire. There’s not much point in buffing Recon mode because pretty much no matter what, it’s just going to be a worse version of Soldier.

1 Like

Tank Mode is also bad. It would be at least decent if Ironclad (or the old armor bonus) applied the moment that you began transformation and remained until you had fully reverted to Recon Mode. Y’know, to help you survive FOUR SECONDS OF TOTAL VULNERABILITY unlike any Ultimate in the game!

Also, it should be possible to cancel the Ultimate early by hitting Shift to assume Sentry Mode. This would make Bastion just a bit more flexible and unpredictable, allowing for greater counter-play.

I’d also like for the Tank shell hitboxes to be as large as their animation suggests they are, instead of being as tiny as bullets.

It might also be nice to have a splash radius large enough that targets can’t avoid damage from a shot at their feet just by jumping straight.

Heres hoping :frowning:

Hes going a step in the right direction with his falloff buff at least.

I think Ironclad should be scrapped all together, and he should have headshots back on turret with the spread as well.

And maybe, just maybe, he could have his shield back from beta, with a bit of balance of course.

1 Like

Poor bastion, hope something comes soon👌

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/65505817/time-will-tell-it-will.jpg

3 Likes

Bastion is just a badly designed hero, there is not much they can do without making him horribly OP without completely changing everything to the point you can’t even call him Bastion anymore.

As for anyone makes a case for Bastion being unstopable with a team working around him, this is what I have to say: You can beat this with your own teamwork. If you claim that good teamwork isn’t a realistic thing to have in competitive, look at the other team, they are working together so you should be able to also.

1 Like

Just because you’ve given up doesn’t make your words absolute.

2 Likes

That’s not true though…

Keep Ironclad, reduce damage to 12, copy Hammond’s spread pattern, add headshots

Remove Ironclad, keep damage at 15, copy Hammond’s spread, add headshots

Reduce Tank’s damage to 120, limit it’s ammo, put it on E, do one of the above Sentry changes, replace his ult with something similar to molten core

They should give back bastion the armor in tank mode or make it so ironclad is 35% instead during the duration

3 Likes

Please don’t. He doesn’t need his damage reduced.

couldn’t we just keep 15 per shot but he had 1.5 crits? You have to remember Seagull was absolutely for a full crit multiplier.

That works too if they can actually manage it… wait, doesn’t Widow do more than 2x with headshots? I’m pretty sure she does, and if that’s the case, they should be able to do a 1.5 for Bastion. The 12 damage was more for if 1.5x headshots was too hard to implement, or if they didn’t want that kind of inconsistentcy…

The problem with reduced damage isn’t so simple as “click on their heads” (it’s a bad joke don’t hurt me!) you can’t crit a barrier which is still one of his jobs even though he’s also supposed to kill things.

Yeah, it adds about a second to a Rein barrier. Not optimal, but I personally would be happy to add a second too his barrier busting if it meant shaving off multiple seconds of enemy killing… 15 + 1.5 doesn’t have that problem though, hopefully they would be willing to do that…

I’m guessing that not having the same HS multiplier for both modes add a level of complexity

Seagull was more in favor of a full headshot revert, not 1.5 if you saw the clip. He said he wanted headshots because it was kind of Bastion’s point (killing people as fast as possible), didn’t make sense not to have it because all other bullets in the game can headshot, and he also said “I guess we could reduce it…” (which means he’s in favor of headshots but less so of reduced headshots)