Will ana be meta with her buffs?

Or will she remain in the dark?

I truly feel like the current buff " not a bad thing I guess" really wont do anything for her. Sure it can save her rein or a team-mate, but the whole issue with ana is situations outside of that.

I feel like a better route to take would be to give her 300 armor " nano-shield " when she sends her ult to someone.

Just my thoughts, I feel like the + healing just got thrown in to avoid making ana more powerful, its just meh.

2 Likes

they see gale play on ana and think “this is the ana meta. this is great, lets not do anything whatsoever”

1 Like

She’ll probably be a must pick on King’s Row and Gibraltar tbh, but I don’t think she’ll go much further than being map specific. Which isn’t a bad thing necessarily. It just depends on how many maps that is.

She will be better not because the buff is massive, but because snipers and Mercy are being nerfed.

4 Likes

I imagine we’ll see more Nano’d Dragonblades on attack.

Nah.

I don’t think it’s enough. My hope is that with Mercy’s nerf, Ana gets promoted to the lofty heights of being a niche pick. I think we’re going to be looking at a Moira meta, honestly.

Why would that be the case?

The problem with Ana is that she’s a sniper with no mobility.A ton of barriers in her way make her unable to get a good angle to heal her allies.So she’s has to fight up close,but is not equiped to do so.

Kings row first point is one of the best spots for Ana because she can hide behind the statue when the team engages. It allows good view on the Rein, Zarya, and potentially the dive DPS (Genji, Pharah, etc). And since it’s a Hybrid, Nano can change a fight really effectively. It’s also one of the hardest places to get a rez off mid fight with Mercy, so you can’t get much value off that.

For Gibraltar, sitting at the very back as Ana with maybe a Widow or even alone when you’re playing dive is insanely strong. You get all the spacing in the world, and you can heal your team high and low ground. If you get dove, your team counter dives.

1 Like

I sort of agree. I feel as though dive counters Ana harder than snipers do as you can usually find an off-angle. That being said, the Mercy nerf (and subsequent Lucio buffs) definitely help make Ana a more appealing option more than the Ana change does. This was more to help people already playing Ana, if you ask me.

Ana had a 33% pickrate in pre-Mercy Dive.

Depends more on other nerfs.
Snipers give her a hard time by cutting off sightlines she can’t contest. If they’re nerfs are effective, she can do her job again.
Mercy can keep a team up, and damage boost, and rez them, and pocket teammates. If the nerfs to her pocketing and keeping a team up make her risky enough, Ana will finally be able to compete.
She had a role in pre-OWL dive, showed up a lot in stages 1 and 2 of OWL, and we saw Nus use her effectively on Hanamura just a couple days ago, so she has her uses if her counters and competition don’t get constantly buffed out of control.

1 Like

I just wish they would give her 50-100 shields

I think Ana is mostly ok. It’s that shes outdone by others.

In theory, I’m not sure theres even going to be a straight meta for healers after all this.

I think Ana will see a lot of play when you need to shut down things like Zen ults, Hammond, etc.

Plus the nano buff is gonna be huge. For characters like Rein, you’ve always nanoed them BEFORE they engage but now you can let them get that first pick then use nano to top them up and push on.

So many times I’ve seen Ana nano someone a sec late and they just immediately die. This will make nano a lot more consistent and easy to find the right time to use imo.

Lucio/Ana definitely has the potential to make a big comeback.

In S3-4 in GM, the pick rates for supports were:
Ana: 13.04%
Lucio: 9.06%
Mercy: 4.5%
Zen: 3.26%
And Ana had the third highest winrate sitting at 53.3% while the average GM WR at the time was 54.4%. While Mercy, during the Mercy meta was sitting at a 19.62% pick rate along with a 56% winrate.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having a skillful hero be at the top of the pick rate at the highest level if you’re good enough to get the value. Now, even if you are good at Ana, Mercy is still a better choice.

Source of rates: Various Reddit threads being compared. Can’t really link them though since I’m not trust 3

1 Like

That isn’t a Dive and that wasn’t at all what I was talking about. Totally unrelated.

Why in those maps? (I want to know)

I’ll venture a guess and say that we’ll see her more, but she won’t be “meta” Mercy is still easier to get value with, and still has rez.

I think it gives Ana synergy with Orisa at least. Nano boost will be great on Orisa when she’s being overrun. It will also make it easier for Reinhardt to approach a team for the ult, charging in makes a lot more sense when an Ana can restore all your armor when you’re ready to go.

the days when she was meta were the best times this game has had. now mercy is meta you can clearly see how negatively it’s affected this game.