WIKI: Workshop Syntax & Script Database

I know it’s old, and i dont know if you already found the solution, but the thing to do is “abort if” , so, you make
Player take damage
Abort if , Player Health > 25%
Make player variable B == True
Or you can use
OnGoing Each player
If health <= 25%
Make player variable B == True
With the second one you should take less string than the first one
It should work on that way as I know …

Is it possible to add abilities and assign more buttons through the Workshop?

Not exactly, you can to a certain extent change existing abilities, but there is not any direct manipulation to heroes yet.

How would you combine code from different sources, i.e. different changes done by different people?

Use the copy and paste function. Do this by opening one workshop code, look for the script you want, select it, then press the copy button. If necessary, you can paste it into a text editor like notepad, copy and paste it back into the game on the script you are building.

Can you copy/paste separate sections?

Yes, simply check on the checkbox that you want.

Does the new update still in the works affect the structure or information here?

You can copy and paste from live code into the PTR without problems, but if you try to paste any script with any new function onto live, you will get an error.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about whether the capability and functionality of the Workshop is changing.

The structure is the same, there is no parts of the code such as the custom variable section which allows you to change the names of the variables (instead of having A, B, C, D, etc.) and the subroutines, but the overall coding script framework is the same.

What features or extra capability is being added? Subroutine meaning?

Check out the patch notes and the news article for details:

At some point, will there be classes / seminars / whatever to teach people how to do this?

It’s on my to-do list.

Why is Antiheal caused by Ana’s Grenade not in the “Has Status” options?
And are there possibilities to create own statuseffects?

1 Like

The import code no longer works

Can we get an update with all the new additions to post 1 please?

Can we get more explanation on the new features pls