Widowmaker's Rifle Double Sniping Occasionally

Periodically widowmaker’s sniper rifle double snipes for me. It’s really annoying and sometimes happens a lot and sometimes rarely. I’m not sure if it’s a mouse thing, setting things or internet thing. However, I don’t think it’s an internet thing. My ping is around 15-30ms and I run nothing in the background.

Double animations are related to a connection thing, usually. However, diagnosing and resolving them can be very difficult. Here’s a very long thread with a similar issue: Alberta Canada - Double Animations/Delayed Shots in Game - #49 by Drakuloth

Hey, Nineteen! Double animations are typically a connection related issue, as Nicole mentioned. It may help to try toggling some settings in-game. Try playing around with the Limit Client/Server Send Rate settings under Options > Gameplay. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, could you provide a WinMTR test? Run this test while in-game until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)