Widowmaker is so oversexualized it is cringe

Widowmaker’s character taps into the “Femme Fatale” trope, which is usually a sexy young woman who uses her charms to bring down the guard of unsuspecting men, then KILL EM.

Widow can’t quite seduce anyone in this game, but her character design reflects that trope! :v:

Besides, there are other girls with more practical, less revealing clothes as well! Among all the girls in the game, Widow is the “sexy” one.

Now, if every girl in the game had H-cups, giant butts, a mile of cleavage, and a two-piece battlefield bikini, then that might be a problem :laughing:

1 Like

Well I mean Roadhog is in the game for a sexualized male character. Widowmaker is the female.

2 Likes

I just wanna point out that every skin has to be skin tight cause it has to fit in her hitbox.

3 Likes

YOu can make this argument about pretty much any other character in this game but Widowmaker is obviously meant to be a kind of play on the Femme Fatalle trope (every character is a kind of parody of a stereotype when you break them down.) and the femme fatale is meant to be a sexy creature. “Bueatiful but deadly” is the term.

1 Like

She is a Femme Fatale, meaning she uses her beauty and sex appeal to lure men in an disarm them so she can kill them, that is her character core so of course she is going to wear skin tight suits and garments that show off her curves

2 Likes

It’s apparently only wrong when it’s women who are depicted like this.

17 Likes

Idk man, have you seen what he looks like in Smash Ultimate?

RIP Snake’s Butt.

12 Likes

everything in he summer skin is closed

She’s an extremely exaggerated caricature of french women…kinda racist more than anything.

Most 8 year olds who are on the internet allready know how the birds and the bees work.

1 Like

Who don’t you love, my friend?

3 Likes

IKR, They nerfed Tracer’s and Mei’s “backside features”, but Widow gets a pass for whatever reason on her “features”.

yuck, no ink for me, thank you

that’s a tiny lil butt

When did they nerf traer, they replaced that over the shoulder pose with a literal pin up pose

For tracer, it’s still the same her pose still show’s her behind,but for mei’s:
http://orig03.deviantart.net/b4d1/f/2017/146/4/1/shrug__mariachi__by_smashroyale-dbaiwtx.png

She’s uses the black widow trope. Lure men looking sexy and then kill them. What would be the point if she wasn’t attractive? Although it is kinda weird sense she’s a sniper…

2 Likes

Oh of course you can have well built hunks like Mcree, Hanzo, 76, Lucio that show skin and muscles and nothing but the second you pit in a beautiful female character with sex appeal and people lose their minds

15 Likes

:laughing:

I never thought of it that way, I chuckled. NOW IT MAKES EVEN LESS SENSE.