Widowmaker is killing Overwatch

I mean, wasn’t Widowmaker’s sole reason for existing to kill Overwatch for Talon?

lol the amount of people talking about widow as if she’s a dive hero.

Widow has a grapple on a medium duration cooldown. It’s hardly High / extreme mobility.

People need to stop being so overdramatic.

1 Like

not everyone can click heads, i never thought there was any problem with widow maker if any thing she is one of the most balanced heroes. This is definitely a troll post. stop trolling dude. nerf Ashe not widow.

Lucio has entered team chat

As a widow main… If I kill you, it’s 100% your fault. Every time.

2 Likes

Hammond can get to her lickity Split if that’s what you want. She still might take a pot shot or two but she will have the pressure and constant worry of being stalked by a hamster :hamster:.

<—- queue in Benny Hill chase theme.

She’s completely OP because of how she scales with skill.

She needs to be more forgiving, and less oppressive at the same time.

She isn’t ruining anything. She has been the one shot one kill sniper ever since the game released, and the game did more than fine. Your profile shows that you are new. Well, let me break it down to you:

You signed up for this. Don’t like it? The door is wide open.

No, it’s not stupid. It’s how the game is built. Widowmaker does good against some heroes, and really bad against others, just like most heroes in this game. I think you might be choosing the bad heroes for the job.

It’s completely fine if you don’t want to switch, given it’s QP. But you can’t blame the Widow for your decisions when have heroes that make your life much easier, and her’s hell.

It’s funny because if you listened to your own advice about team coordination, you will be thrilled the next time you see an enemy Widow.

As for Widow, she has to do that. Every player wants to be in the situation that gives him the advantage over his opponents. She’s abysmal at close range, which is the way to counter her.

Besides, I could count on one hand the amount of long range sightlines in the game that are truly so far away that no one can do anything about her.

Ahhhhh, the ol’ “click heads” argument.

Look, you can argue about Widowmaker’s power all you want but if you try to downplay her skill requirements this way no one is going to take you seriously.

As others have said, go ahead and try “clicking on heads” yourself if you care to test how easy it is.

She doesn’t even start being a worthy threat until Diamond. She used to be “oppressive”, but her hook CD got adjusted and then high tiers agreed that she was fine.

If you are a low tier, your only concern is a smurf on Widow, which is an entirely separate and unrelated issue.

Widows in Silver are all horrible. Period. I’m sorry to say this, but I’m being quite frank with you. It’s either a smurf, a hacker, or a feeder.

This is an ongoing debate, and the answer depends on what are Blizzard’s intention for the game. Right now all indications point towards Blizzard trying to push the game into eSports, and the game is too old to be attracting any significant amount of new casual players.

As such, balancing from the top is the right approach. Besides, the top are the ones most experienced in the game, and they have a better understanding of what the game has or lacks.

She’s good for the game. She fulfills a necessary role and attracts the FPS sniper players (which are a rather large group). She is one of the most balanced heroes in the game. She shuts down some strategies, and gets shut down by others. She has a good skill to effectiveness ratio, making her inaccessible yet rewarding. Greatly designed.

Meanwhile I agree with you OW would be a better place without any long range heroes who can kill others instantly, like others already said, she’s not easy but takes practice to play well.

Then again you can’t just hide forever after all, you need to go to the point or payload to win. I don’t like much DPSing and I absolutely hate tanking, but if my team doesn’t have shields and nobody does anything about the opposing Widow, I make it a me-game as well like everyone else does, switch my healer (the only one in our group or not) to a fat dive DPS and dedicate my entire match for making her life hell - screw the objectives and payloads and "team"mates. If we happen to win, it’s a plus.

1 Like

The issue is that she is a staple among pros. She is the most picked DPS hero because of the deadly one-shot potential and how reliably pros can realize that. Widow provides too much value and may keep the DPS roster pretty damn stagnant. She’s unhealthy for the game. Ashe is what Widow should’ve been. Most people who think she’s fine just suck with her.

Once you’ve played Sombra for a while you get good at spotting venom mines.

If Widow and other snipers really become a real problem then buff Sombra to become the perfect anti-sniper. Up her fire rate to 25 rounds per second and give her 75 rounds.

That’s a lot of hyperbole. Strongest feeling of hopelessness in a video game? Give me a break, just pick a shield tank and her job is infinitely harder. Pick sombra and sneak up on her and she’s dead. Pick genji and deflect into her head. Or git gud and out snipe her. The point is you have so many ways to not be helpless that if you feel helpless it’s entirely because you choose to and just don’t want to have to deal with other heroes. If you want to know what helplessness is go play doom2 on hardest setting and report back to me sheesh. You don’t even have to be good to make a widow’s life much harder or even impossible, just hold RMB with Rein and she’s shut down as long as your team doesn’t have a deathwish and actually uses it. And if you’re in lower play as it sounds like you are, you don’t even need that shield just use cover and use AD strafing. Zen can solo widow pretty easy if they aren’t some godlike shot. Widow while scoped is such an easy target.

She already is so weak she’s a niche pick, her win rates are atrocious even in high level ladder where she’s supposed to be a hero that scales with ability.

Would also be my only point.

Yeah, you do have more awareness of this kind of thing after playing a certain hero for while, the thing is that people who pick her only to counter a certain hero don’t tend to have that much experience, and if you don’t actually surprise the Widow, killing her will rely on your tracking because she will move a lot in order to dodge your bullets and will shoot you back.
Winston, on the other hand, is kind of a hard counter to her because he can reach pretty much every spot she can be in, doesn’t require a lot of aim and has a lot of HP so she can’t take you down easily unless your far away, plus the shield. I’d say he is better to counter her.

Considering the fact that she is the part of Talon organization, which is the biggest nemesis of Overwatch… She is indeed killing it

Winston is certainly much more capable of taking down Widow, it’s pretty much guaranteed that he will win, but a good Widow can still turn around and headshot Sombra.

But is it worth it to take a tank off of the objective to deal with one player?

1 Like

The game flow was actually designed around the premise of character swapping. It always surprises me how many people don’t know this or are absolutely obstinate about playing THEIR way and how it should be changed for them.

1 Like

This is clearly a troll post of the highest order, but I have to say this…

At some point, we have to let DPS heroes…be DPS heroes.

It’s fun to meme and hate on the DPS class, but they have been THE worst class throughout the game’s entire existence. Sure, they have the most characters in their roster but most of the time a good third of them are useless to a fight.

It’s to the point that there’s literally a meta ENTIRELY without DPS heroes…and yet we still find a reason to complain. They don’t do anything else but kill things slightly faster than everyone else.

Outside of that, they have absolutely no role and no presence within team compositions.

Tanks & Supports are THE strongest and most meta-defining classes in the game. They’ve shaped every meta and have had to go through the most balance swings because of how easy it is for them to tip the scales that is Overwatch.

…and I know, that most people’s solution to all this is to “create more Tanks & Supports to have more parity” but with how things are currently, is that really the best thing for the game.

Hanzo, Widowmaker, and now…Ashe are all being picked more than other DPS (also Genji, purely for Nanoblade) because they’re the only Damage heroes with enough damage to actually cut through the amount of healing & armor that’s going around.

Overwatch has completely forgotten the fact that when your Tanks & Supports (more so the Tanks) can output similar, if not MORE damage than the DPS, then the DPS class becomes redundant.

I play Ana and I honestly hate how redundant playing her is right now.

90% of the time I am never in any danger of being killed because my most stringent pursuers can’t do jack crap to me (unless Winston & D.Va pop up which in that case, I lived a good life).

Playing Support without any active challenge in Overwatch is completely boring and mindless because while I’m contributing to my team I never feel like I’m at risk.

I don’t know…maybe I look at things differently from everyone else, but this is how I feel about everything.

Kind of is because a good Widow will delete your supports and then the rest of the team if you don’t care of her.

Thing is even if tanks and healers didn’t exist current Hazno, Widow, Ashe would still be on the top of the dps charts. Why simply because the kill things the fastest currently and that doesn’t let other damage dealers do there thing long enough. Thats the real issue with the other dps they don’t survive and get as much value in the time period they are alive. Which would be a thing even if the game was all dps heroes.