Widowmaker is killing Overwatch

You should fix the thread title.
“Widowmaker is killing the casual modes”
She’s not an issue in comp, where people are actually playing the objective and trying to work like a team.
In QP/Arcade however, since it’s just TDM around a truck or point and team comps go out the window, she’s monstrous. No one counter-picks, no one swaps heroes (when I see someone swap in QP it’s because they were getting shut down so hard they raged out). Any plat-diamond widow playing their main in QP is a murder machine. I’ve witnessed it many times.

1 Like

sounds like your in bronze

Widowmaker is annoying. But thats because Overwatch shouldn’t even have one shots. But here we are.

Once you learn how to aim as Widowmaker you can insta delete just about anyone. Aiming for the head on average is not even hard. But every game needs a sniper. But OW has like 5 semi-snipers thats the real issue.

1 Like

High masters but okay
Widows never been a problem, in fact for most of the time Overwatch has been out she was considered underpowered, nothing changed.
She got a nerf to her cooldown.

Honestly if youre dying to widow a lot, its your own fault. You shouldnt be in the open in her LOS when you know they have a good widow.

As a support main I hate her but the same I don’t wish her nerfed any more than she is. The hero paid her dues and has been nerfed enough.

What we need is a support that she doesn’t directly counter not a direct nerf to her.

Ashe on the other hand… lol

1 Like

make her scoped shot hitbox bigger like anas (hear me out),
but every shot has a charge up like meis icicle. in the whatever seconds it takes, a little red dot appears wherever youre about to shoot. and make her de-scope slower.
or just anything that makes her more clunky. how come bastion has to be completely immobile in his turret form, but widow with oneshot kills can hop around like a bunny…

Meh, getting “Better” at OverWatch is a joke.

No matter how good you get , no matter how bad you are… the game never changes. Doesn’t matter if you get to GM or Diamond , Plat whatever. It’s the SAME GAME it’s just the people that give you the challenge.

OW is an old formula to me now, theres nothing they can do to change it. If they do “Change OW” it will be more like New Coke. :roll_eyes:

This game was designed to resemble a more complex, fps version of rock, paper, scissors. Switching is one of its fundamental aspects, so you will have to live with that if you continue playing Overwatch. Widow is helpful in preventing the enemy team from going out of position and punishing bad decisions. Her grapple is on a 10 second cooldown, so any dive characters have much more mobility than her and can counter her. I don’t like her, I wish they never made her, but she is in the game and it is balanced with her in it. She is currently balanced and fits her role. If you keep an eye on her and play around her sight lines, you turn the game into a 5v6 to your advantage.

I’m not certain how it is that you zoned in on Widowmaker for this post, which really belongs in the sub forum titled “I Keep Getting Owned By The Same Hero Please Nerf.”
What you described can be said of any hero in the game.
“I find Mei to be oppressive with her freezing spray. I’m trying to stay back to heal my team and she keeps running up to me and freezing me.”
See? I just did it.
I believe that you’re likely having difficulty processing the feeling people get when getting one-shotted by Widowmaker. BAM! you’re dead…all of a sudden. It’s quite jarring at times, and decidedly frustrating.
The correct move here is not to call for Widow nerfs or removal, or even switch the hero you’re playing. The move is to apply counter play. If you even suspect an enemy Widow is around, follow some suggestions people have made in reply to you…stay behind a barrier, move from one point of cover to another, not running down the middle of the street. Defensive counterplay will go a long way to alleviating the Widow-induced rage.
Have a nice day.

…you know you arent only one in a match right?

wall tanks block widows. (teamwork)

and widow kills out of position ppl for her team so they dotn get killed. (teamwork)

PPL always QQ at snipers. nobody likes to be 1 shot.

i’d rather die to a widow than a hanzo.
least if im sniped by her she deserved the kill

I think getting one shot’d is annoying but saying its killing overwatch, specially only one character … is going a biiiiiiiiiiit too far.

History proved that if you whine enough you don’t have to switch.

Especially if you are a Tracer/Genji main.

1. It’s your fault. I don’t mean this just out of spite, I mean it really, if you’re having issues with Widow, you just need to get better at countering her.

2. If the hero you choose to play is bad against Widow, either play another one or stop complaining that your hero has a counter.

So yeah, your fault and learn to switch heroes. I don’t care that you said not to answer with that, that’s the truth and you don’t get a “safe space” from the truth here, sorry. Not sorry…

1 Like

Cough Hanzo would like a word Cough

Your argument doesn’t exactly work here because Overwatch is designed to be about hero switching. You absolutely can stick with the hero you want to play, but if you’re getting countered that’s really on you.

Ask someone else to play Winston.

Take different route to the high ground and strafe when you get close

At close range anything works.

Play [Or ask someone] Widow and snipe her back

What’s the best counter to a good Widowmaker? Can I get separate answers for both coordinated team play and dysfunctional solo play? That way there’s a good answer for both sides of the house to have.

Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok, Mr.privateprofile

2 Likes

The guy playing the game with the core mechanic of switching heroes to counter others is complaining about a hero that he refuses to switch to counter.

Nuff said.

Except swapping does next to nothing. Widowmaker’s mobility and damage is hardly counterable unless you play someone who can consistently chase her and tank the damage.

Not even Winston can do that properly mind you.
On a side-note while we are talking about the spider. When are you reworking her ultimate @Blizzard?