Mercy - 86%
Zenyatta - 82%
Winston - 80%
Tracer - 77%
Widowmaker - 40%
Junkrat - 22%
Genji - 19%
Lucio - 15%

This is in the height of a dive meta and Widow is taking the 2nd DPS slot more often then not so she isn’t a product of the meta.

Stage 4 - Overwatch League - goo.gl/sDrBgf
Brigitte Release
Zenyatta - 92%
Mercy - 90%
D.Va - 80%
Widowmaker - 70%
Winston - 57%
Brigitte - 29%
Reinhardt - 27%
Tracer - 23%
Junkrat - 22%
Zarya - 19%
Pharah - 17% (Surprising for such a widow dominant stage)

There is a 47% pickrate gap between Widowmaker and the 2nd DPS on this list, this is completely insane. Whats crazier is that we’re still in a dive meta on this patch and Widow is by far the top DPS thus proving even more that the Meta isn’t whats making widow amazing.

With the mercy nerf in coming she’ll be weaker but still good, you need good aim.

2 Likes

she did fine in dive with the 8 second grapple cooldown, before that she was considered a throw pick

1 Like

she wont be fine.

• Soldier McCree Bastion falloff dmg was at 30% and not 50%.
  • Mei couldnt snipe her 150 headshot dmg from long distance.
  • Symmetra didnt have her ult which stops Widow from sniping
  • Mercy still could heal 60 hp per second
  • Hammond wasnt in game.

Widow wont be a viable pick anymore… and she will get buffed again in 2-3 seasons.

2 Likes

Was there something I missed about a nerf? Or is it just indirect nerfs the Widows are complaining about.

They can only poke at her behind a barrier otherwise widow can instagib them still

So Mei can do something now? sort of nice

Is symmetra in every game? didn’t think so.

Only thing on this list that really matters.

she got her grapple cooldown increased last night.

You’re missing the nerf to Widowmaker’s grapplehook. The CD got increased from 8 to 10 seconds. Hanzo got a similar nerf to lunge, increasing its CD from 4 to 5 seconds.

We are also going to see Wreckingball who is a dive tank come in. While I agree most players are overreacting to the nerfs, it’s impossible to predict the full effect of a new hero on the meta. So your assurances that widowmaker will still be okay sound the same as those who are saying WM will be dead in the next patch.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad someone took the time to compile the stats. Widow is still used in games with dive tanks and tracer all the time? I dont get why everyone thinks she just dies instantly to dive. She is way too hard to track down and kill for the amount of damage output she has. The Mercy and Widow changes were completely warranted. Widow has always been strong in the right hands and it will be no different. If grapple is buggy then by all means fix it, but the cooldown should not be at 8 seconds.

Is she going to be viable when Hammond comes into the picture.

1 Like

Still will if the team plays around her.

This. /thread

The dive meta is probably coming back with the patch, I feel like we are half way there as it is.

I think the developers were like “Shi*, Widow has been viable for a few months, lets put her back on the shelf”

The alarmist hyperbole in threads like these is astounding.

2 seconds…“unplayable!!! Ruined!!! Might as well delete the hero!!!”.

This place amazes me.

2s along with all the other changes to other heroes, including a new hero whom she can’t even kill.

the only thing really concerning for widow is hammond
mccree, mei, and soldier should still realistically lose every 1vs1 unless widow is playing up close (aka she’s out of position)

it’s not like pros won’t play widow on widow-dominant maps so she’ll likely still have a respectable pickrate at the very worst, and there are currently many maps where her 8s mobility isn’t part of what makes her so strong on certain maps

The buffs specifically affect long range battles.

yes, and widow is still undeniably the best hero at long range battles

just because a matchup is less one-sided doesn’t mean these heroes are suddenly strong against widow
a soldier will literally never beat a widowmaker on junkertown a unless the widow misses every shot, for example

Is it a significant difference though to make Widow worth picking for her niche in long range combat though?

You’ll still be amazing on Gibraltar and Hollywood.

I don’t know why people take OWL stats and think they have any meaning in comp

That’s like saying your dog died, but you can still keep him.

The only reason her pickrates were just ok is because she was used on very specific maps that worked for her… and she had the 8 second cooldown to deal with dive.

I think they should of waited until hammond/Wrecking Ball enters the scene and the new Mercy Nerfs come in as pocketing a hero won’t be as effective.

Even with Widow having 8 seconds i think hammond is going to be very effective at killing widow.

oh well… The Meta Might be Triple Dive Tank soon, a combination of the two things i hate. XD