Widow useless now

Not really except Havana 3rd maybe. And usually even then, if Widow takes over a game, it’s usually the same way any flanker would; by abusing lack of team play. Sure it’s easy to play Widow if your enemies just keep staggering into your sightlines one by one lol

Also, did you see the other parts of my post? Yes, I said that these characters are easy, but with the exception of Sym, I mentioned at least one reason why they could be considered high skill. (And if you really want, Sym can be considered hard because it takes practice to understand the way her abilities function, especially because both her sentries and her teleporter act on their own. Plus, dealing damage can be difficult with her, considering how you need to charge her beam before its damage it’s strong enough to be effective. Along with her hard to hit orbs.)

1 Like

Her orbs are not hard to hit at all, they’re massive, what are you talking about. Skill for Sym orb is mostly just timing peaks, similar to Zenyatta right clicks. Difference being Sym’s orbs are 2m big lmao

Off topic, but I think this is one of the main issues holding Sym back. Granted my peak when I one tricked Sym was high plat so take it with a grain of salt heh

I can’t really say anything on other projectiles on how hard they are to hit because… well after 1.5k hours of Junkrat other projectiles are peasants work. Still hard, just much easier to learn after playing with the slowest for so long.

1 Like

Usually, if you can see the orbs, you can dodge them. With proper time of course. They’re slow enough so most heroes can move out of the way in time. That’s what I think anyway.

1 Like

You shouldn’t, since every hero should be equally viable.

Or does that line that have been said by everyone on here just not apply the widow?

Did u just say Tracer is easier than genji? oh hell nah

I doubt if she can survive the burst even with peel…

1 Like

Being “high skill” isn’t a pass for a hero to be overpowered.

Tracer is not easier.

2 Likes

Then you’re not using them properly tbh. You shouldnt be surprised you’re missing sniper orbs because Sym isnt a sniper. Her orbs are meant to blow up mobile heroes on the flank or spam choke imo. They dont need to be fast, and making them faster actually kinda makes them worse at denying space.

Range, more damage on headshots

1 Like

I’m talking about close-medium range primarily, and I set up a situation where your more aware of Sym attacking you. Decent straffing and movement allow for easier dodging when it comes to her orbs compared to most other characters.

Ohhhh look, Widow gets a “nerf” and now she’s useless again topic.

People posted these EXACT SAME TOPIC that Widow would be useless after her damage fall off nerf. What happened to that? She’s second most used player in Master+.

Useless my butt.

4 Likes

Didn’t they say “Widow is useless” now when her charge time got increased, and her grapple cooldown was increased, and when they added her damage fall-off?

I don’t think she’s going to be useless. Oneshots are more powerful than people seem to give them credit for.

What you just described applies to any projectile hero. One of my favorite hobbies is dodging hanzo arrows in deathmatch as a pacifist, sleeping them, spamming hello, perorming a tactical crouch, and walking away lmao. Sym’s orb is the size of mars (hanzo arrow would be europa), we dont need it to fly at the speed of a freight train xD (unless we want to nerf its damage into the ground as well)

I’d argue it’s the complete opposite. A trash Genji can still get good value out of nano blade combos. What does a trash Tracer do besides zip around and miss all her shots?

Widow can one tap any hero without support ashe needs the support to do so.

meaning that not only are you more mobile as widow but you can free your team up to engage in the fight.

you do realize this hp nerf doesnt mean she wont lose her one shot/dmg potential? it basically makes her having to be more cautious now that shes a bit squishier. her dmg numbers and kill potential are still the same and dangerous. i was surprised at this nerf but shes still gonna be powerful if anything. just have to be more careful now that you have 175hp

yeah period, she should be G tier

1 Like