Widow useless now

Which hilariously is like playing against a Widow player.

You have to huddle behind walls or a tanks hitbox and barriers otherwise you’ll get domed in the head by Widowmaker.

Almost like this is a team game :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t even understand why they would even give widow such low health!?! Like what was even the reason?

She’s just going to be more useless now, i honestly hooe they won’t add this.

1 Like

Widow needed a nerf for high level play.

2 Likes

Stop overreacting, widow doesn’t need a pocket to one shot players like ashe. She still does 300 damage per headshot and I mean all you gotta really do is keep your distance from very, very far away like a real sniper is meant to do anyway. If worse comes to worse blizzard will simply revert the change. The mcree buff on hp is pretty useless and the widow nerf doesnt change anything, in maps like junkertown, kings row, numbani and a few other maps with decent sight lines will still make widow a huge deal.

widow will still be the most oppressive character to face just because of her potential to one shot any character with 300 hp or less from anywhere on the map and shes still hitscan you know. Just play her like an actual sniper by staying really far back and avoid getting into mid range engagements. She will still get the job done, people say hanzo became pretty useless after the projectile nerf and all I did was adapt and change my playstyle. Its not the end of the world that widow got a nerf

6 Likes

Typically in every other game a sniper trades off their advantage of being able to instantly delete people from across the map for less health and being weak up close, you know, balance. They excel at long range but are weak up close.

Widowmaker, with 200hp, her assault rifle mode, and grapple to quickly reposition if she gets dived on, was not a balanced sniper, she was a sniper with all the advantages of a frontline DPS.

Widowmaker is actually being treated like a sniper and getting a weakness, it doesn’t make her useless it makes her more of what she should be as a sniper.

6 Likes

No it doesn’t
28x3 +50 +30 =164
So you still need one headshot or a follow up.

maybe healers will feel guilty about ignoring widow now

Did they really nerf her hp pool

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: I don’t think Widow is a high skill character, I think she’s average at best

2 Likes

What oneshot potential? The potential where most Widows in every game that you encounter are missing headshots 19/20 times?

The oneshot potential that’s limited by damage falloff?

1 Like

She does seem to be surprisingly ineffective on average at the moment though for a character that people say is OP, like she’s not in the top half of winrate at any rank.

2 Likes

I don’t agree, and I don’t like the forums obsession with winrates and pickrates, they mean nothing because statistics are not 100%.

I watch Top 500 streams all the time, and I constantly see teams struggle to counter a Widow. Her mere presence denies entire areas unlike any other character.

This HP nerf means that she actually has drawbacks. Shields are meant to be her drawback but she was still meta during double shield. She was a character with no weakness, now this change means she can hopefully be reliably dived.

4 Likes

she can one shot, for one, without the need of mercy

2 Likes

Better than anecdotes.

4 Likes

What games are you using as a metric for being “like a sniper”?

2 Likes

Better than stating a statistic that literally means nothing without context or rank.

1 Like

Literally one shots. If you’re getting out dueled by an Ashe on Widow, Ashe is just the better sniper.
Not in general, just you as a player.

All Widow’s skill is put into one aspect. Aim. She’s not that intensive or multitasking of a hero.
Aim well, and you succeed. She’s basic and not at all deep but extremely valuable.

Widow has given you a big Ego.

Again if Ashe is out sniping you on widowmaker, they are playing better than YOU.

1 Like

Here’s something for you. She’s 8th from the bottom in winrate in GM, where she should be the most effective. Soldier and Ashe are a little below her in pickrate, and both are still above her winrate, Soldier especially. Since his gun rework, he’s pretty much taken number 1 hitscan in GM.

But then again, a lot of the DPS are fairly close in pickrate as it stands, so winrate actually becomes more important with a more equal distribution of playtime than before. Right now, no DPS is really a clear meta winner, and that’s a good thing.

1 Like

Genji high skill and Tracer easier? LOL
this gave me a good laugh
delusional genji mains at its best again.

6 Likes

My point was about her the skill required to play her effectively.